Sign in to follow this  
Peter de Bruin

No NGX activation after BIOS reset

After clearing my CMOS BIOS by the clear RAM jumper and removing the battery from the P8P67 Asus motherboard I got all defaults loaded and my Ms7 with FSX system back. However when I want to load a PMDG 737NX I got the message to activate the NGX product which to me is odd in the first place. But entered my product key in order to activate the selected 737NGX. This plane loads partialy and the activation message is repeated again. All stock FSX planes and other payware like Level-D and Correnado run fine. Everytime I select the pMDG, the activation question box in order to fill in the product code appears - After a while 10 seconds maybe it comes back with activation succesfull message but after a few seconds the request to activate comes up again This cycle remains untill I select cancel and FSX quits. All other software like Ms-office and FSC or Active SKy runs perfectly.

Is your system clock (and date) set correctly after the CMOS reset? I've read somewhere here that this can be an issue with the activation process of the NGX.

After the reset the system clock and date are somewhere in september 2005.. instead of 2011. Meanwhile deleted all the PMDG files after removal with configuration tool, reboot and did a clean install. Before that I changed the clock and all other settings in the BIOS from default to the right ones like serial interface off and boot sequence, HT off and so on. With the new install activation worked fine. Maybe you are right that the system dat was out of sync and caused the error. Thanks for the info

I had the same problem while overclocking and the BIOS reset it self and my time and date to 8 years ago. Soon as you set it correctly it usually works again. When you boot up and Windows tells you it can not get updates from Microsoft anymore thats a big tip off that your clock is screwed up.