Sign in to follow this  
Minion

Just when everything seemed ok...

Hi,It's me again!I just mounted the noctua NH-D14....I re-attached every cable into it's place...but it fails to boot...There is a yellow LED which tells me that it receives power, I am sure about this because the NH-D14 and GPU start running . I noticed a red LED on the top right corner....This one is the MemOK! ( from what I saw on the manual ). It keeps flashing faster and faster, and then it stops.I tried to take out the ram modules and put them back in but sadly, I have no result..Can Anyone help?( Tell me if I didn't explain myself )Thanks...

Have you co´ed your RAM? If yes, reset it to auto speed detection. But I think your RAM has just gone south. Replace it and test whether this does it.

Guest jahman

Could have been a cosmic ray homing in on your CMOA from the edge of the universe. See here. Cheers, - jahman.

Very interesting. So on my system I can expect about 23 cosmic ray induced "soft RAM errors" per month. Intel is considering a cosmic ray detector on their CPU's. As they say, "...far out, man..."!

Guest jahman

23 cosmic ray hits per month is likely way over-stated, but they do happen, and at FL300 they are enough of a factor to give airline crews a higher cancer rate than that of the general population. Cheers, - jahman.

beautiful...it worked!! thank you very much!
What motherboard? Instead of taking the battery out, next time just clear CMOS by using the clear CMOS jumper. Very quick and painless. Just my .02. PS. Sorry I broke up the tomfoolery. Nerd.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just use a tinfoil hat like I do. That should keep cosmic rays away, and girls love it!

Jahman, From the Wikipedia article you linked: "Studies by IBM in the 1990s suggest that computers typically experience about one cosmic-ray-induced error per 256 megabytes of RAM per month." Do the math.

Guest jahman
Jahman, From the Wikipedia article you linked: "Studies by IBM in the 1990s suggest that computers typically experience about one cosmic-ray-induced error per 256 megabytes of RAM per month." Do the math.
2010 - 1990 = 10 years, or 5 Moore cycles, thus RAM size today is 1 / 2^5 = 1/32 the size of RAM in the 1990's, so if the cosmic-ray-induced error rate per 256 megabytes of RAM was once a month then, the incidence rate is now down by a factor od 32, i.e. one error every 2 years and 8 months. So that's the math. Cheers, - jahman.