Sign in to follow this  
onerepublic

FS9, FSX,FS Flight System.

Hey guys, I am trying to build an new setup for a FSX and the upcoming FLIGHT simulation. I was thinking about this setup. Please give me your tips on what I should change or not change on the whole setup. Tower: Sharkoon Bandit (I wanted something simple which has enough room) Cooler: Antec Cooler H2O 620 ( I don´t overclock ) CPU: i7 2600k (Seems like the best CPU at the moment) Mobo: ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev.3.1( Was reading good things about this, can you guys confirm this?) My current setup is below my sig. I wanted to take over my gfx (for the moment) and my ram which isnt too bad ;) Thanks in advance, and GOD BLESS AMERICA R.I.P to those people who died today 10 years ago !

Tower: That is really a useless case, get something like thishttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129097&Tpk=Antec%20902 CPU: Amazing choice, I want to say that if money doesn't matter then get the i7 2600k, if you feel that I should save money to get anything else like a gfx card or motherboard, then the i5 2500k is for you. Mobo: The P8P67 pro is good, but if you are willing to spend $30 more, you can get far superior ASUS P8Z68-V prohttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131730&Tpk=p8z68%20v%20pro RAM is good, GFX is good, all the best!

Thanks Prakhar, I just bought the i7 2600k and the p8z86-v pro. :))) I hope my system can handle fsx better... so far it couldnt 14-15fps max.

Since we're throwing around case ideas, I feel the CM 692 is a much, much better deal. Better looking, better reviews, better price in this price range. The Antec mid range looks cheap IMHO. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811119216

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't think that case was rubbish but the 690 would be very nice. I think the Antec 902 is very good like hedgehogPilot said but over at newegg, the HAF 922 is cheaper and IMO better. Might also be worth checking out the carbide series from Corsair.

Now, overclock your CPU Use this tweak:[JOBSCHEDULER]Affinitymask=255 Make sure your hyperthreading is on
HelloThe thread title is " FS9, FSX, FS Flight System", with that in mind why did you recommend turning on hyperthreading ?.This will do absolutely nothing for his performance in FS9 and FSX and as a temperatures go, will probably limit his overclock.There nothing in the 2600K that makes it a better choice than the 2500K [JOBSCHEDULER]Affinitymask=255Make sure your hyperthreading is on This advise will do absolutely nothing for either sims performance as neither can use hyperthreading, all you are doing is creating heat. The Antec case you recommended is at least five years out of date with zero cable management.

my friend tested this with his 2600 and it still made his perf go down. Just do four cores and affinity mask 14.

HelloThe thread title is " FS9, FSX, FS Flight System", with that in mind why did you recommend turning on hyperthreading ?.This will do absolutely nothing for his performance in FS9 and FSX and as a temperatures go, will probably limit his overclock.There nothing in the 2600K that makes it a better choice than the 2500K [JOBSCHEDULER]Affinitymask=255Make sure your hyperthreading is on This advise will do absolutely nothing for either sims performance as neither can use hyperthreading, all you are doing is creating heat. The Antec case you recommended is at least five years out of date with zero cable management.
Creating heat? what do you mean? I don't have a P67 or Z68 motherboard, I use that tweak and I got 5 FPS more, without any overheating even on stock heatsink.If you have a good cooler, then............ everything is OK. wanna proof, then watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElgIN2rG5GQ

Creating heat? what do you mean? I don't have a P67 or Z68 motherboard, I use that tweak and I got 5 FPS more, without any overheating even on stock heatsink.If you have a good cooler, then............ everything is OK. wanna proof, then watch this: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ElgIN2rG5GQ
The reason for the improved FPS in that video is the Bufferpools tweak, nothing to do with HT

The reason for the improved FPS in that video is the Bufferpools tweak, nothing to do with HT
Dario, would the bufferpools tweak work on a GTX460, or does it need a higher end card?

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Dario, would the bufferpools tweak work on a GTX460, or does it need a higher end card?
I have no idea what it needs, sorry. Don't quote me on this, but I think Jesús Altuve said high end cards were more prone to crash without a bufferpoolBoth my old GTX460 1GB and this GTX480 work perfect with BP=0, so it won't hurt to try

Cheers bud, will give this a go

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Thanks for all those ideas given guys. I am now looking for an HD, I def want an Caviar, but what is the difference between an blue,black or green Caviar? I know the Green one saves enegry etc, but if it saves enegry it means it isn't as fast as the black is that correct? As for the case I am looking at the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced since is has great reviews and seems quite cheap. For the CPU cooler I am looking at the Scythe Ninja 3 SCNJ-3000. Is that okay since I dont overclock? As for the PSU I am looking at the XFX PRO850W is this okay, and will it fit in the Case? Thanks in advance, Claudio