Sign in to follow this  
iko

PMDG 737 Liverys not installing in win7 64bit

Hi I have already posted on PMDG support thread for this, but so many errors , and conflicting answers there made me post here. Form 737ng onwards, you need to use a new pmdg tool called livery manager to install liveries. I used the tool to install about 8 PMDG 737 NM liveries, start FSX, and none of them showed up, just the defualt PMDG 737-800 was there Opened up aircraft.cfg, and could see the liveries were in there. tried several suggestions from pmdg support forum, such as running livery manager as admin and unchecking read-only from aircraft.cfg, but none of this worked.

did u use the livery manager v1.05 ?also did u install one by one ?and did u select the proper model on the left b4 installing ?

I'm not sure I can help but here are some suggestions: First, hopefully you installed FSX in a non-default directory. All sorts of bad things can happen when you use the default locations. Second, execute the Livery Manager via Admin privileges. The top entry box must contain the path to your FSX root directory (where FSX.exe located)Under "Installed Aircraft Variants" box should be a list of the B800 and B900 types you installed (800NGX, 800NGX WL, etc)When you select each variant, a list of the installed liveries displays on the right side of the screen ("Installed Liveries). Third, if you're ready to add a livery, select your choice of Aircraft Variant (left box). Next, click the "To install a livery (*.ptp extension). Somewhere you will have downloaded the new textures you want to install. Make sure these files have the *.ptp extension. Make sure the new texture is associated with the proper Aircraft Variant. The file ID tells you which aircraft it goes with. As you install the textures, they will be listed under "Installed Livery." I use Windows7 64-bit and this method of adding new liveries works as designed. Frank

Thanks for the suggestions, i am using Livery Manager v1.05, i just bought pmdg 737 ng today, so i have the latest software for the plane and tools. I have tried all mentioned above, and no luck, Thanks anyway. I installed pmdg 747 and md11 liveries myself with no issues, its just this new PMDG livery manager is not looking like a succes story, to me and others having this issue over in there support forum. Ill give it a few days , if cant fix, i get refund, its expensive $60, dont have time to run around in circles after paying that much for pleasure.

Another question, the base pack install, should it have two planes 2 pmdg livery one 800 the other 900. Cause in my base pack install i just see one plane in fsx gallery, and its the 800.

Update Only liveries for 737-800- No Winglets show up in fsx when installed All others dont show up in FSX all 737-900, and winglets of any variant i.e. 800/900

yeh , i have checked , unchecked that several times over, also just noticed that FSX crahses when trying to shut down if i was using PMDG 737 NG

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

i hane the same problem with - cant see liveries in FSX after installing - only no-winglets shows - please help - i tried everything (instal/reinstall)

I fixed this issue myself, after no resolution from much appreciated remote desktop help from PMDG.To fix, i made sure everything inside the panel folder for base 737 no winglet , was put into other panel folder for other variants as well.The other variants refer files in panel folder in base 737, change it so that they refer files in thier own local panel folder, by copying the needed files acroos from base 737 no winglet panel folder.And that is the fix, until PMDG finds a better solution. Problem with this fix is that if you want to make panel change to all your NGX, youll have to do so in 4 places,1. 300 winglet2. 300 no winglet3. 600 winglet4. 600 no winglet panel folders.