Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Is there anyone out there that LIKES the 737NGX?

After following this forum since day one, I have to ask myself...... are people doing everything they can to "dislike" an find "faults" in this product? I have had NO problems what so ever, so far, neither flying nor adding liveries. Why? Probably because I haven't tweaked, tweaked, tweaked and tweaked my FSX. I READ the installation instructions and followed them. I have NOT tried to go "behind the panels" and figure out/test "what happens if.../why". It is totally impossible for a developer to test 100:s of thousand PC combinations, tweaks and user faults. Once a PC-guru told me that, in his opinion, 99% of all errors are sitting 2 feet behind the keyboard!! So true! Let the guys at PMDG have some credit now so they can work with the SP and coming releases. They have produced a marvellous aircraft. The saying RTFM is, in my opinion, very applicable on some epostings. Jackthe Swede in Spain

the saying live and let live in my opinion is very applicable on your eposting.a solution for u, stop following this forum.

Huu....what a misleading and odd heading?/ LeffeBtw. I do like the NGX.

the saying live and let live in my opinion is very applicable on your eposting.a solution for u, stop following this forum.
Can't help but this reminds me of an old Swedish saying: Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot, than open it and set aside all doubts! JJJ
Huu....what a misleading and odd heading? / Leffe Btw. I do like the NGX.
Just to get attention to it! JJJ

No problems here as well. Enjoying the NGX with the settings from PMDG and getting fine FPS on my old system.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot, than open it and set aside all doubts!
couldnt say it better myself.

I can't help but thinking that for each user on this forum that doesn't have problems with the NGX, there must be a ton out there that don't follow this forum.This airplane is so complex, and the FSX setup people use nowadays is so complex, that most problems are related to people not reading the manuals, not following checklists, or not following recommendations (error: user ID10T, as I like to call it). Granted, there have been and still are actual problems with the plane, but PMDG, being the great bunch of guys (and gals, not really sure about that) that they are, are taking care of them. And, even so, I haven't as of yet discovered any problem that makes flying impossible. So, basically, if you get a problem, read the manual, read the QRH, read the intro. Recheck the checklist. We don't care if you were proficient with the old FS9 NG, this is a whole new plane. Ask yourself if you completed the tutorial. When you find the answer on your own, it feels so much better. But, in case you do not get a break, search the forums. People have posted here all possible problems, from the serious (what to do when activation fails), to the ludicrous (pitch on approach is 1 degree off and window tint isn't very realistic spring to mind). And to answer the original question, yes, I really love the NGX. It's beautifully designed, it's very easy on the framerates, and flies excellent. What more could you want from an addon? Oh, and did I mention? It was $70! How can you go wrong with that!?

Cristi Neagu

I would be willing to bet the majority of people that dislike the plane do for the following reasons. 1) They never really learned how to fly the 747-400 or MD-11 properly and they were forgiving enough and not as complicated as the NGX. Then they want to fly right away without reading any materials or documentation and when nothing works as expected they get frustated and start reporting their problems as a bug. 2) They have high end hardware but used to being able to max everything out in FSX with the older planes and don't like that they spent a couple grand on a computer upgrade and have to tone down the sliders a little bit. 3) Are trying to run the NGX on hardware thats below the minimum specs. 2 gig of ram for example, and some prehistoric processor and video card thats more than 5 years old. 4) They have not configued and tweaked their .cfg files. FSX is finicky enough trying to run on stock .cfgs and crashes most of the time under those circumstances anyway. Add the NGX and it just gets even more complicated. Remove all the folks from the above categories and I bet the percentage rate of those that are happy with the NGX are in the high 90s. The Brillance of the programming and pushing the envelope as far as they were able to on the FSX platform is simply an amazing feat. People will enjoy it more if they understand its not a stock or toy plane that you can takeoff and fly without reading any materials. (Technically you can, but then thats why the majority show up in the forum saying something is a bug). You don't need the latest generaton of hardware to run the NGX. Just a little time spent learning how everything works and fine tuning and optimizing your .cfg files. Also it helps to stop thinking that just because you have the latest gen hardware that you should be able to max all your sliders out. (News Flash, You cant max everything out in FSX and fly the NGX into ORBX with everything maxed out, there isnt a processor out there that can handle that particular scenario). If there is someone here that says its possible then post your screen shots, cause I aint going to believe it until I see it. lol

Well since this was brought up, I started flying this beauty more than a month with minimum problems to start with (at east after HF2) and for sure without a single problem since three weeks, I use REX2, SB4,Top-cat utility, VATspy & ServInfo, FsMovemapServer for Android OS, Vroute, DVA ACARS, FlightInfo X, FSUIPC with turbulence + wind sheer + wind gusts on + realistic wind effect , EditVoiceoackX40, some sceneires, Land class, My traffic X, NGX leviers manager, a very old system, FPS+20...... I was wondering when SP1 is released should I install it ?Note: ENBseries didn't work :(

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

You cant max everything out in FSX and fly the NGX into ORBX with everything maxed out, there isnt a processor out there that can handle that particular scenario). If there is someone here that says its possible then post your screen shots, cause I aint going to believe it until I see it. lol
You know, a while back I was wondering how would a server run games. You know... a server with 32GB or RAM, and 2 Xeon X7560 "octa" core processors... Though I'm not quite sure how would FSX get along with 16 cores... never mind the hyperthreading!

Cristi Neagu

ENB Series mod still works fine for me. However I am using an 8800gtx card and NVIDIA 197 Series drivers with Nhancer still. Its possible that a lot of people that have problems with the MOD are using the newer gen cards and 200 series drivers and Nvidia inspector and something in that setup does not like the Mod. I am also using the Shader 3 Mod. Hyper threading is a waste of money for FSX as it won't take advantage of it. If your just building the rig for FSX you can save a $100.00 going with the I5 2500k without hyper-threading vs the i7 2600k with hyper-threading. Sink that extra hundred into an even better video card than you had already planned on and your getting unmatched performance and value for your money.

I did have a problem with Shader 3 Mod, in that it would mess with the aircraft's meshes and wings were sticking out at odd angles (don't ask... it's a mystery). Also, my only gripe with ENBSeries was that it didn't like ALT-Enter very much, and I have to do it from time to time, what with BAV's Pegasus asking for PIREPs.... But had no other problems with it.Also, I do have quite a dated configuration, with an E7600, and 9800GT 1Gb.

Cristi Neagu

I thought the shader 3 mod was only for ati cards. Does it also benefit nvidia?

Whats NOT to like ? PMDG have taken a massive amount of time & effort to make their PMDG as accurate as FSX allows. I look at most of the posts here, that highlight "possible" accuracry details, as being POSITIVE feedback to PMDG, to help them meet their desire to make this the Best Addon it can be. Just like in the real world, when a new aircraft is first put into production, there are always unforseen issues that come to the surface. It looks like PMDG is eager to correct any significantly incorrect details. The Registration issues are both unfortunate & also a little surprising, consider the system they are usng is used worldwide by some of the biggest commercial software developers. Add to that, FSX's internal issues and instabilities, and it is quite amazing that so many are NOT having problems running such a complex, and computer resourse intensive application. So, that being said, WHAT"s NOT to LIKE ??? If you don't like it, suck it up, and go "CTRL E" Fly the MS standard 737 !!

FSMP You hit the head of the nail! I love this!!! "If you don't like it, suck it up, and go "CTRL E" Fly the MS standard 737 !!" JJJ