Sign in to follow this  
JJJackson

Is there anyone out there that LIKES the 737NGX?

FSMP You hit the head of the nail! I love this!!! "If you don't like it, suck it up, and go "CTRL E" Fly the MS standard 737 !!" JJJ
I hate it .. its like,.... if you see things different than me, I'm gonna take my ball and go home. Just reminds me of the babies I used to hang with when i was a kid.

The problem is that a piece of software is never better than its bugs and as long as the NGX has showstopping bugs like the panel freeze then unfortunately the NGX is no better than say Captain Sim planes. Its a shame, cause the NGX has the potensial to be by far the best plane for FSX

Hi, I have managed to sort out the one or two niggles I encountered initially with the 737ngx (dont ask me how) and at the moment I have no complaints everything is OK..On reading this post and the hundreds preceeding it about this fault or that fault and the fact that some of us have had no faults this question occurred to me. How are the PMDG Team going to resolve the problems with SP1 affecting those with problems, without causing problems for those who have no problems, I realise these guys are a cut above the rest of us but they cant perform magic. However, with the best intent in the world I hope the SP1 will resolve most if not all of our concerns. richard welsh

I did have a problem with Shader 3 Mod, in that it would mess with the aircraft's meshes and wings were sticking out at odd angles (don't ask... it's a mystery). Also, my only gripe with ENBSeries was that it didn't like ALT-Enter very much, and I have to do it from time to time, what with BAV's Pegasus asking for PIREPs.... But had no other problems with it.Also, I do have quite a dated configuration, with an E7600, and 9800GT 1Gb.
I used to fly with BAV and I know about the Big Brother ACARs checking on you every 30 to 60 min to see if your actually in the cockpit. FSX runs more stable if you run in windows mode. Especially if you have to multi-task. Just size the window to FULL. Hold Alt button down so the FSX menu goes away. After that only thing showing up is the top Bar for the window and that is easily not noticable anymore after awhile. Especially if its blue and blends in with the sky.
I thought the shader 3 mod was only for ati cards. Does it also benefit nvidia?
Not sure if their are multiple mods out there but im using the Shader 3.0 Mod on Nvidia 8800gtx and it works just fine.

I used to fly with BAV and I know about the Big Brother ACARs checking on you every 30 to 60 min to see if your actually in the cockpit. FSX runs more stable if you run in windows mode. Especially if you have to multi-task. Just size the window to FULL. Hold Alt button down so the FSX menu goes away. After that only thing showing up is the top Bar for the window and that is easily not noticable anymore after awhile. Especially if its blue and blends in with the sky.
That would be something, but I hate flying in windowed mode. Thanks anyways. But i did see someone here post a method to get a window to show like it's full screen in windowed mode. But for me, ENBSeries isn't worth the trouble. Also, I have a charcoal theme going on, so no blending :(
The problem is that a piece of software is never better than its bugs and as long as the NGX has showstopping bugs like the panel freeze then unfortunately the NGX is no better than say Captain Sim planes. Its a shame, cause the NGX has the potensial to be by far the best plane for FSX
The panel freeze, even tough it affects a lot of people, is a compatibility problem with specific setups, as there are some of us who don't have a problem with it. I for one never had a panel freeze. The only ACTUAL bugs that I've seen in no way hinder flying. The most serious bug I've come across is the GPS freeze, where if the GPS looses power momentarily, it will bring the whole FSX down. I remember Ryan saying they fixed it, and a fix for it will be provided in SP1. And it only happened to me twice, and I've flow with this airplane for some time.

Cristi Neagu

I think that the heading on this topic is a little unfair. I am having problems with the NGX, keeps crashing on me. But i still love the plane.You just have to occasionally accept these things as part of simming and using a PC.

Ian R Tyldesley

Great aircraft for FSX, best ever, few gliches like I get overheating/low pressure on hyd pumps but no big deal, sure that will get fixed in updates... thanks PMDG

Ray Vlasek

...The panel freeze, even tough it affects a lot of people, is a compatibility problem with specific setups, as there are some of us who don't have a problem with it. I for one never had a panel freeze. The only ACTUAL bugs that I've seen in no way hinder flying....
A bug that occurs on certain setups and configurations is still a bug. It should be fairly obvious to anyone who have any experience developing software. Say there's a bug that only happens with AMD cpus, but never intel. Its obviously the developers responsibility to solve this problem, even tho the problem doesnt occur for all of their customers

Its obviously the developers responsibility to solve this problem, even tho the problem doesnt occur for all of their customers
And it's the Customer's responsibility to help solve their issues, by submitting constructive bug reports, and GIVING THE DEVELOPER TIME to come up with the solution. ( PMDG's planes are no more buggy than most other addons, AND they are far more complex). If it was easy, you would have had the PMDG 737NGX YEARS ago. If PMDG waited till they were 100% sure the plane was Bug Free, you would still be waiting for it in 2013 !! GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO FIGURE IT OUT, and get it sorted. !!! "If you don't want to be part of the Solution. then you might condider NOT buying Version 1.,0 of anything"

A bug that occurs on certain setups and configurations is still a bug. It should be fairly obvious to anyone who have any experience developing software. Say there's a bug that only happens with AMD cpus, but never intel. Its obviously the developers responsibility to solve this problem, even tho the problem doesnt occur for all of their customers
Do you seriously mean that PMDG should have tested ALL programs andf hardware you can find on the market and combinations of them just to be sure that they don't crash 737NGX? Some people have set it into system to find a way to crash programs and if they succeeed theý say "Ha, what a lousy program, they should have tested that". It's totally impossible to foresee what stupid users might do.

Abraham Lincoln[/b]' ] “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

I hate it .. its like,.... if you see things different than me, I'm gonna take my ball and go home. Just reminds me of the babies I used to hang with when i was a kid.
To me it seems that you are still a kid!!!!!LOL.gif

About CTD, freezes, or activation bugs I will not add a comment as I had noone of this problems.About systems I can say that the PMDG is the better add on for FSX.I don't think that speaking about simulation bugs means that someone dislike it.I don't think anyone of us tried to make a list of bugs of the default 737.More a product is good, more the users search for issues.I sometimes posted the items I found, someone accepted and understood why I was posting, others not.Simply a feedback for PMDG about system accuracy is better for them, to improve the product, if they want, or simply disregard them.We don't know what PMDG did wrong because of an error or because FSX limits, because of a choice or something else.There are a list of big issues with more serious items related to few user configuration. They must be solved before others, but why we must stop talking about what is wrong on the plane? We are forcing someone to read, to fix bugs?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Well, yeah... But in that case, all the Intel guys would say how great the program is and they would give it 10 out of 10, or 5 out of 5, or some other mark to denote greatness, and the AMD guys, even though the software doesn't work for them, they would have read the reviews, went over to their Intel friends to see how the software actually is, and then say that they wished it would work for them and that they can't wait for a service pack to come out, because it's such a great piece of software.In your view, the AMD guys should just block off all external feedback, and say the software is just stupid, and bad, and low rate because it doesn't work for them. Is that really how things should be? Like I said in the full entirety of my #7 post: yes, there are problems. Some manifest themselves only on some setups, some are common to all of us. Some are minor issues, some are not. But, as far as I know, there are no serious problems that affect the WHOLE user base. I say PMDG did very good considering what a poor platform FSX is to build the NGX on. Given time, everything will sort itself out. The NGX gets a 10 out of 10 from me, pending an update to 10+ when SP1 is released. And, who knows, maybe it will even be 10++ knowing PMDG...

Cristi Neagu

Who ever said that FSX & the PMDG does not run well on the AMD platform ?? I run an AMD Dual Core, Windows XP 32, 4 Gig ram, and old Nvidia 8800 Video card, and it runs just fine !!( Runs fine in P3D on the same platform as well !! ) If it can run OK, on my machine, then it should run great on the faster I7's under W7-64 @ 4+ Ghz !!