Sign in to follow this  
onody123

Frame rate drop in VC mode at destination airports @ 4.7Ghz

I have sometimes the same issues in EGLL for instance with Aerosoft. Smooth takeoff and landing with 25-30fps even on Max autogen and HD2048 clouds and AI UT2 at 35%. But when you fly on longer flights 1-1,5 hour you may se a drop to 15-20fps even on the same spot and with simular weather conditions Dont know what is is but maybe it is VAS that is overdone who knows? /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I recommend having a look at the bufferpool/poolsize tweak for fsx. From my experiences, it has a huge influence on frame rate, especially at airports in VC.

I have usepools:0 I experienced that with this setting I have much better frame rates with the 4.7Ghz processor and the GTX480 card. Do you have a better setting for the pools?

I have also found the frame rates suffering toward the landing stages of a flight with the ngx.I do use ASE UTX GEX and UT2. I didnt notice the slowing down with the md11. lloyd jones

I have also found the frame rates suffering toward the landing stages of a flight with the ngx.I do use ASE UTX GEX and UT2. I didnt notice the slowing down with the md11. lloyd jones
I have the same with the same add-ons. I get 15-22 when taking off, 30 when at cruise altitude (this is the max FPS in the limiter), and as soon as I come close of the destination airport, my FPS goes down to 8-12. This is driving me crazy. Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

The problem I have is not really with the frame rates, since when I start at the airport (LFPG or EGLL) I have locked 30fps. It means that my computer has no problem with the performance, but when I arrive to these airport after a 1,5-2 hours flight I have 17-20fps on the same scenery where I had before locked 30fps. Yesterday I made a test: a took off from LFPG 26L made a small circle around the airport and landed on rwy26L taxi to gate C4. This time I got the same high fps after landing which I had during take off. After blocking on gate C4 I still got locked 30fps. I made exactly the same test flight at EGLL and did not have the frame rate drop either. Of course, these flights were only 15 minutes long not like a real EGLL-LFPG flight, but still strange why I did not have this problem after these short flights. Do you think that the problem is with the Aerosoft scenery?
Hey!According to the link "Steveo38" sent you some post above you, it´s the fx_skidmark.fx in the effect folder.Try to cut that out and place it on your deskboard, then try to land at Heatrow again./ Leffe

Hey! According to the link "Steveo38" sent you some post above you, it´s the fx_skidmark.fx in the effect folder.Try to cut that out and place it on your deskboard, then try to land at Heatrow again. / Leffe
Interested in hearing feedback for this one. What effect does file actually trigger? Smoke from the wheels?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Interested in hearing feedback for this one. What effect does file actually trigger? Smoke from the wheels?
Read the whole thread in that link posted in this thread!/ Leffe

In my opinion if this fx_skidmark.fx file would cause the frame rate drop problem, it should casue it all the time, I mean every time you land on the certain airport. BUT, as I wrote above if I just take off from EGLL or LFPG make a circle around the airport and land on the same rwy where I took off a few minutes earlier I do not have any fps drop. I have this problem only after 1-1,5 hours complete flights.

In my opinion if this fx_skidmark.fx file would cause the frame rate drop problem, it should casue it all the time, I mean every time you land on the certain airport. BUT, as I wrote above if I just take off from EGLL or LFPG make a circle around the airport and land on the same rwy where I took off a few minutes earlier I do not have any fps drop. I have this problem only after 1-1,5 hours complete flights.
Yeah, it's probably due to the original software not clearing active memory. Forgive me, but I've been out of the technical side for quite a number of years, so the way I remember things may not be the way it is now. I believe the answer to your question lays with the re-start. After a restart you're system is not loaded up with all the graphics that were loaded and used while you were on your flight, particularly during the lower levels of the flight. This is true of most any concumer software by the way, as the only way to truly clear active or available memory is a reset. I could go on as to how some computers never need to be reset, but suffice it to say that those systems are not running FSX, which has software holes and also has a lot of addon software. The best way to ensure you have a terrific flight is to restart your computer in between flight. I know that a lot of guys don't like to do this, and some are able to fly without doing so, but the more addon software you have the more you'll need a restart to assure that you won't have any problems during your flight. You may be able to get a more technical answer, but the long and the short of it is the restart (or find a way to patch all the holes in FSX). Be well.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.