Sign in to follow this  
ga

Questions....

1. I learned that you set Alt to STD after desending under 10000 when desending, right ? Same goes for when takeoff? or do you set the STD at Trans Alt, like say 5000 as I got tonight is this right? or do you follow setting standard as default under 10000FT at takeoof, and desending? 2. I had TAT -3 in Air, as i know you should then turn anti Ice on when under +10 right? And this goes for Wing not Engine, and when do you turn anti ice on the engine only on ground right? 3. I also Got a A155(A before the speed in MCP) in my speed when IB on final what dos this means? It dissaperd after a while... 4. At the display HD you see waypoints and the RNW and it says (1200FT) this is the alt on the rnw right? And you set ths in on the HGS?

You set ALT to "Standard" ABOVE the Transition Altitude. The Transition Altitude varies from country to country. In the USA, its 18,000ft ( FL180 ) In other countries, it is typically lower ...

1. You switch to or from the STD setting when cleared to pass through the transition level. You can find out what that transition level is by looking at approach plates. 2. You should turn anti-ice when TAT is below 10C AND there is visible moisture in the air, and/or ground. There are some guidelines to this in the FCTM i think, but I remember that on the ground you shouldn't use wing anti-ice. 3. "A155" means you selected 155kts in the MCP window, but the airplane cannot slow that much without stalling, so it will slow down only to it's minimum safe airspeed. It disappears because you most likely lowered the flaps. 4. I don't quite understand what you are referring to... a screenshot would be helpful.

Cristi Neagu

1. I learned that you set Alt to STD after desending under 10000 when desending, right ? Same goes for when takeoff? or do you set the STD at Trans Alt, like say 5000 as I got tonight is this right? or do you follow setting standard as default under 10000FT at takeoof, and desending? 2. I had TAT -3 in Air, as i know you should then turn anti Ice on when under +10 right? And this goes for Wing not Engine, and when do you turn anti ice on the engine only on ground right? 3. I also Got a A155(A before the speed in MCP) in my speed when IB on final what dos this means? It dissaperd after a while... 4. At the display HD you see waypoints and the RNW and it says (1200FT) this is the alt on the rnw right? And you set ths in on the HGS?
Thx Gents, 1. Ofcourse, thx 2. Dos this means you can just follow if its under +10 in air you just set Anti ice wing on? When do you use anti ice Eng? 3. Thx for this, did know that ;) 4. The middel off the displays in cockpit, you see the display with waypoints path and at the end of the path you see the Airport/RNW (in this case ENGM gardermoen) and it says 1200FT, should think this is the Alt of the RNW or is it lenght of it ?

Hi! As for # 2, You turn on engine Anti-ice, first when airborne, if below 10C and moisture in the air. When reaching a altitudewithout moisture, turn off the Anti-ice. When decending turn on again when passing 10 000 feet if below 10C and moisture in the air. As for # 4, I guess it´s rwy 01R and that´s the first altitude on heading 014 if missed approach, before turning and climbing to 3000 feet......../ Leffe