Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

PMDG 747-400 (module version 1.2)

Any chance of having the CDU/FMC ? I couldn't find any way to assign the CDU keys to a button or keystroke.
I have no idea. Maybe try to create mouse macros and connect them with a keystroke?! ;O) Edited by Capt. PERO

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Hi and many thanks for the answer.Unfortunately, Fsuipc is able to detect the mouse macro code for each key on the CDU, but not to send it apparently : it get the white/red message showing the code, but when trying the TAB check nothing happens. Same if I assign the macro code to a button on the joystick : nothing happens.I couldn't find any LUA var about the CDU either. So this is all why I was kinda hoping people who know far more about all this than me might have ideas :)

Could you please add these functions to actions.lua? That would be nice!

function MCP_FD_toggle()	ipc.control(72100, 0)endfunction EICAS_Cancel ()	ipc.control(72068, 0)endfunction EICAS_Recall ()	ipc.control(72069, 0)end

Edited by meandme

Regards,

Allan Jensen

And here are more functions to add!

function EICAS_ENG_page ()	ipc.control(72060, 0)endfunction EICAS_STAT_page ()	ipc.control(72061, 0)endfunction EICAS_ELEC_page ()	ipc.control(72062, 0)endfunction EICAS_FUEL_page ()	ipc.control(72063, 0)endfunction EICAS_ECS_page ()	ipc.control(72064, 0)endfunction EICAS_HYD_page ()	ipc.control(72065, 0)endfunction EICAS_DRS_page ()	ipc.control(72066, 0)endfunction EICAS_GEAR_page ()	ipc.control(72067, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_Beacon_toggle()    ipc.control(71280, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_NAV_toggle()    ipc.control(71281, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_STROBE_toggle()    ipc.control(71282, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_LANDINGoutbound_toggle()    ipc.control(71185, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_LANDINGinbound_toggle()    ipc.control(71186, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_RUNWAYturnoff_toggle()    ipc.control(71190, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_TAXI_toggle()    ipc.control(71195, 0)endfunction LIGHTS_LOGO_toggle()    ipc.control(71284, 0)end

Edited by meandme

Regards,

Allan Jensen

Update to 1.2added functions from meanme.many thanks for this!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody could find the ipc.control numbers for the CDU keys (not alphanumerical) ? Or give me a hint as to how to look for them ? I'm ready to do the search even if it's fastidious and long but just need to be pointed in the right direction as for the methodology...

Hello!When I put this module the MCP loads it in the display.. but fsx says something about MCP not config run gui! or something like that. I try to turn the knobs and nothing moves in the mcp and of course in the 747.. Any help? Thanks!

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Forgive the uninitiated, but what exactly is LINDA and what does it do?Please don't shoot me. Some of us 'silver surfers' have a longer learning curve.

@RickMy pleasure, Rick. Those of us on the Silver team have to stick together! :smile:Kind regards to Manchester,Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

@ Driftdown,please have a look into this thread here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350724-flight1-cessna-mustang-new-profile-request/There are many questions and answers how to start with the whole LUA variable searching stuff.It is similar for controls or offsets.Not an easy subject, but you've mentioned you're "... ready to do the search even if it's fastidious..." ^_^As for the CDU keys itself, I can't give you a starting point, as I haven't the 747 installed, sorry ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Had a first look. Obviously the FMC is not linked to any Luavar that is detected by LINDA's tracer. Pushing the CDU keys doesn't trigger any event in the LUA var tracing :/I can't see how it could be related to a FSX control, but I might be wrong ?So all that's left is offset I guess... but I've been told everywhere that PMDG never uses Fsuipc's offsets. So what's left ?