Sign in to follow this  
Nialloc

Flight1 Super 80 Pro or Leonardo Maddog MD80

Just wonder which is better, the Flight1 Super 80 Pro or the Leonardo Maddog ?I'm looking for high end systems simulation and also a good VC with 3D switches, I don't really like having flat panels. ThanksNiall

It doesn't get much more in-depth systems wise than the Leonardo Maddog. Good VC as well, but some folks seem to have performance issues with it.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Leonardo maddog !!!!!!!!!!If you want absolute realism,this is the one 4 u,

As far as I'm concerend, LSH Maddog is the best MD80 there is for FS9 and one of the best aircrafts there is for FS9 anyway.I can't comment on the VC capabilities though because I only use the 2D panels.You also should check the reviews and VC images published.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Well, I purchased the Coolsky MD-80 quite some time ago, and I love it! It does have its quirks - flying along at FL330, on course, with VNAV, LNAV and the auto-throttle taking care of business, all of a sudden I'm 20º off course, dropping like a rock and the throttles...several seconds later, everything recovered, and the A/C actually got itself back on course and climbed back to the assigned altitude. But over-all, everything works, and I fly it quite a bit.

So when someone told me about the Leonardo Maddog, and how it beats the pants off the MD-80 Super Pro, I had to check it out. Supposedly, it's actually being used to train some airline-types, that's how realistic it is. Okay, so I think I'll take a closer look, and I'm impressed. With the VATSIM group, they even fly a 2-man cockpit crew on-line. They even do "flight instructor" stuff. The price is a bit steep, at around $66 USD, but it still looks good. I even checked out the YouTube videos (mostly put out by VATSIM), and was still impressed.

BUT - seems like the developer no longer supports the product. Faithful followers of the aircraft are complaining on the Maddog forums that there is no support whatsoever from the developer...everything comes from the same faithful followers. Doesn't seem to matter, though. The plane still has a rabid following. So - what to do? I'm still thinking here...

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Who's been digging up these Moldie Oldies postings lately?

Can't compare with the Coolsky but the LeonardoSH is extremely good if you want as real as it can FS-get stuff. Too bad some minor (but annoying) bugs have not been fixed since support has disappeared.

Ghiom

I have 'em both and for me it's the MADDOG without question.  The aircraft is like a good book; I just can't seem to put it down! ;)  I don't remember the last time I flew the Coolsky version.

Bill Alderson

Maddog better by far.  Cheaper too.  Despite its dated graphics its one of the most realistic simulated aircrafts ever creates for FSX. 

When it comes to systems, MadDog is the best one by far.

However, when it comes to the aircraft exterior, Coolsky beats MadDog big time. :wink:

Staffan

o when someone told me about the Leonardo Maddog

Yeah, I know the guy who must have told you that. He's full of it.  Avoid this aircraft like the plagu.... oh wait, that was me that told you about the Maddog!  Obviously an expert!  :P

Nike Gary, Nike!  LOL

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yeah, I know the guy who must have told you that. He's full of it.  Avoid this aircraft like the plagu.... oh wait, that was me that told you about the Maddog!  Obviously an expert!  :P

Nike Gary, Nike!  LOL

Hi! Dave! Still working on those installs you posted me about. I'll be picking up the Maddog as soon as I get this move out of the way. Watched the YouTube video and was impressed. I guess that if you guys have managed to keep this thing flying, it's worth the bucks. I noticed that you yourself mentioned the lack of support on the Maddog forums. But I'll trust your judgement on this - if it's one of the VATSIM favorites, I guess I'm safe.

And don't worry...I'll be bothering you soon about all of this. And I can be a real pain in the... :lol:

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It also depends on which Nav system you prefer. the F1/CoolSky has an INS system and the MD has a FMS system. I own both and I prefer the F1/CoolSky. As far as I know CoolSky has stated they will not update the Super80 classic ( for FS9) to the Super80 Pro (for FSX) even though they do have a version of the classic for FSX.