Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

PMDG An-124...an exotic choice for the freight dogs

I know everyone has great ideas for PMDG projects...here is an exotic choice...the An-124. It would give simmers a taste of eastern avionics, tho there are versions(proposed?) with Honeywell avionics and CFM engines. I think it might be a freight doggie's dream. Certianly somthing different than the usual Airbus or Boeings. http://en.wikipedia..../Antonov_An-124 CheersTJ

Go for it all and try the 225!I remember being up close and personal with an AN225 (one laid over at EWR some years ago...) That plane makes you feel tiny. (Also, I think it's the plane from the movie "2012")

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I think PMDG has their hands full for the next say 6 years. And I don't think developing a Russian plane would be too economical since no one flies them apart from Russia and maybe some other eastern airlines.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I don't want to sound like a troll, but I am getting really sick of all these requests.Yawn.gif

Well it's not my choice and probably not that of a lot of others, but I do wish a decent developer would have a crack at some Russian aircraft since they are a bit thin on the ground for FS, so I can see where you are coming from. Although it's a bit obscure, I'd really like someone to do a Tupolev Tu-204, although I doubt anyone ever will. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Take a look at the AN-124 and AN-225 by Thomas Ruth. It's excellent freeware and both can be found in the Avsim Library.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The reason I suggested the 124 is that it really is the only civilian aircraft of its type. The MD-17 was never sold, and PMDG won't do military so C-17s, C-5s...etc are out the window. Kawasaki might offer a civilian version of the C-2 but that is a ways off in the future. The 225 would be the ultimate but there is only one in existance(might be a second in some stage of completion). Of all Russian/Ukranian aircraft, the 124 is probably the most utilized outside of Eastern Europe. It contracted by many different worldwide clients (including the US Military) hauling unique loads all over the world involved in many missions. Just search youtube or flightlevel350 for An-124 videos. Sure PMDG will be busy for years with projects...can't wait for 777F and 747Fv2, but nothing wrong with throwing ideas out. It might not be a great seller, folks tend to gravitate toward the familiar instead of the exotic. But A2A's 337 sold very well despite a lot of people wishing for a Connie or DC instead Like I said this was a suggestion for freighter fans, if you just fly airliners than you probably wouldn't care anyway. And if you don't like aircraft idea threads, you don't have to reply to them.

I don't want to sound like a troll, but I am getting really sick of all these requests.Yawn.gif
Don't read em!!!

sounds more like a CS project.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

trust me, your not the only one

I would love to see PMDG do an Antonov. In case you missed it, PMDG are pretty damn good at doing aircraft you wouldn't have thought of. Back on topic - what sickens me, are all the posts that litter these boards about the posts that sicken people.

lol you guys who don't like these threads do realize that if you reply to complain about tthem, they stay at the top of the forum boards longer and 'ruin' your 'pure' view of the forum board so to speak....oh my we sure don't want to spoil your 'view' of the forum board with topics about airplanes LOL Rolling%20Eyes.gif Yeah back to the An-124...awesome plane. It is true it is a very niche aircraft probably out of PMDG's realm. Getting access to one would be a challange Though, they have probably been to more western cities than most Russian/Ukranian craft they are still fairly rare and draw a pretty big crowd when they do go somewhere. I live near Travis AFB so I see a lot of C-17s and C-5s and I've been facinated with that type. CheersTJ