Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

PMDG An-124...an exotic choice for the freight dogs

A saying I've been taking to heart a lot lately is, "You don't get what you don't ask for". We ALL know the probability of getting any Antonov (sp?) is pretty low. So what? At least the OP got his request out there. I'd personally like to see a PMDG A340/A330, and a 787... How does that hurt anyone else on these boards? Customers making requests indicate a market for your product (or the incentive to make that product). Larger companies would kill to have their customers give direct feedback.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Russian aircraft are more dodgy than the Airbus!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I would love to see PMDG do an Antonov. In case you missed it, PMDG are pretty damn good at doing aircraft you wouldn't have thought of. Back on topic - what sickens me, are all the posts that litter these boards about the posts that sicken people.
Like aircraft that you can see on a daily basis if at a major airport in the US/Europe?Straight%20Face.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Russian aircraft are more dodgy than the Airbus!
Yup, I imagine that'll be why the current male, female and team FAI World Aerobatics Championship winners (all Russians incidentally - i.e. Mikhail Mamistov, Svetlana Kapanina and Team Russia), fly those Sukhoi Su-26s and Su-31s then, won't it?
Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Russian/Ukranian aircraft seem to have a certian rugged quality to them that a lot of modern western aircraft lack. It probably has somthing to do with the extremes of the Russian climate and having to fly long distance to rough remote airports. I got to ride on SyrianAir Tu-154M about 15 years ago, it was well maintained and it was a fine plane.

Oh YES Russian planes! Awesome aircraft. The main thing that I find fascinating about them is their proprietary navigation systems, which I doubt PMDG would be willing to do. Given that most of the manuals and FCOM equivalents are in Russian, they may need a translator. There are some really good free ones available for FS9 though. Samdimdesign and FS-Proteam have created some of my favorite aircraft of all times. Free and PMDG quality. Try getting to grips with the NVU navigation system in the TU-154 or the NV-PB on the IL96 and you'll see what REAL navigation and flying is all about, none of this pansy RNAV stuff ;) I do wish more planes still had a Doppler navigation system as a backup. It would definitely make me feel safer when flying on a western scarebus. What I don't understand is why so many requests come for commonly seen aircraft such as the Airbus, 777 etc... Up to now it seems to me that PMDG has been delving into niche market planes. I certainly do not see any JS41's or MD-11's flying anymore and the 747-400 seem to be scarce around here as well... Anyways, thought Id give y'all my two cents. I did make a request for a TU-204 a few years ago but no one has been able to do one.... Now this one is a true competitor to the 757 and a lot of western operators operate it too (DHL to name one.) The Sukhoi Superjet looks promising as well (and many western operators have places orders for it) so if someone is in the market to develop one of these, then WOW!!!! MJ O'Donnell

Yup, I imagine that'll be why the current male, female and team FAI World Aerobatics Championship winners (all Russians incidentally - i.e. Mikhail Mamistov, Svetlana Kapanina and Team Russia), fly those Sukhoi Su-26s and Su-31s then, won't it?
Al
Flight Simulation is serious business!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

LOL I bet you would all be asking for a PMDG Russian bird if she was your copilot...27842_21327.jpg

LOL I bet you would all be asking for a PMDG Russian bird if she was your copilot...
Can PMDG make me one of those? Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here