Sign in to follow this  
rivermivida

Recreating the LAPA 3124 Accident in Buenos Aires

Well, the accident was in 1999, with a 737-200. The pilots forgot to set flaps to take off..... So, i put the NGX in the RW13 of SABE airport, with full fuel and full cargo and passengers, but flaps in zero. Then, max thrust, and almost in the end of the rw, the plane starts climbing..... Is this a "simulation limitation" of the NGX or FSX?? Thanksss

Totally different thrust from the engines between a classic and NG, also different wing etc, cant really be simulated with the NGX.

Given enough runway, all planes will lift off without flaps. Even a fully loaded 747 with a V2 of 270kts (out of the top of my head) will eventually make 270kts just going down a runway.

Cristi Neagu

Given enough runway, all planes will lift off without flaps. Even a fully loaded 747 with a V2 of 270kts (out of the top of my head) will eventually make 270kts just going down a runway.
Although at 270 kts I would think that a few of the tyres may have let go by that stage!The other thing to bare in mind is the calculated speeds and thrust settings that were used in the 1999 accident, I am not sure of the details of this particular incident/accident - however the V speeds would have been incorrect and the aircraft would have been rotated at the VR which may have got it a few feet up until out of ground effect and then the wing would stall. See the Spanair accident of 2008 (MD82), also an incorrect take off config - got up a few feet before stalling.

Anthony Milner

you cannot reproduce this event. its like if you would try that with a 747,.. the 737NG has different aerodynamics, engine power, you dont know the exact weather, the runway condition at that time, the amount of cargo, how the aircraft has been loaded and lot of other factors.

So, i put the NGX in the RW13 of SABE airport, with full fuel and full cargo and passengers, but flaps in zero. Then, max thrust, and almost in the end of the rw, the plane starts climbing..... Is this a "simulation limitation" of the NGX or FSX?? Thanksss
It is a limitation of common sense. One aircraft has nothing to do with the other. You are complaining that the apple you bought does not taste like orange if you get my drift. LAPA is a 732, completely different engines and completely different wing. And on top of that, the 800 is considerably larger than the -200. I'm surprised you even got airborne at full weight out of SABE, it is a very short runway. But I guess the big difference is in getting airborne and having a balanced field length.