Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

Question on autobrake actions.

After touch down on roll out I disengage the autobrake,however the aircraft still comes to a complete halt even though I disconnect it . Should it not disengage once I switch it off and or after I touch the brakes?The reversers are stowed at the point of disconnection yet the aircraft still comes to a complete halt.Im sure I am doing somethin wrong?

Not sure if you've tried this but try the double tap on your brakes - that should help.

Anthony Milner

Not tried yet, but in the OFF position it must disarm.These are the conditions to disarm the autobrakes on landing

AUTO BRAKE select switch to the OFF positionOne normal metered pressure is more than 750 psiOne thrust lever advanced out of the idle position after the airplane is on the ground for more that 3 seconds (before 3 seconds causes brake release with no disarm)Speedbrake lever from the UP position to the DOWN positionFault in the normal antiskid systemFault in the autobrake systemInput from one ADIRU not valid.

Regards

Andrea Daviero