Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

Now we have the NGX....

Now we have the ngx does anyone still go back to long hauling in the MD-11 or 747?

I did..just a couple of weeks ago. The Queen's vc looks primitive now!! :-p

Not really to be honest.. I've been swallowed into learning the NG too much :) However, I will never forget how great the MD-11 flies!!

I did..just a couple of weeks ago. The Queen's vc looks primitive now!! :-p
Actually, the MD-11's cockpit looks pretty good with the new 'shade' program, it gives it a nicer feel. makes pur HD textures not as important.

Inactive

I'm doing a flight with the B763 (KSFO-PHNL) right now. As much as I love the NGX, I can't stop flying the heavy planes :)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

May sound cheap, but I refuse to let my $50+ payware fleet hit the virtual desert!I fly them all. Not realistic, but it makes me happy so that's what it is... Rotating them all. I may skip some of my 767 flights and throw more NGX flights in. MD11 systems are so different that flying it is like fresh air to me.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Currently flying the 747 from Tokyo to Sydney :) I like to mix it up.

Now we have the ngx does anyone still go back to long hauling in the MD-11 or 747?
Fidelity. The MD-11 was/ls/will always be number 1 in my simulated world.I've never been much of a follower: like to blaze my own trails.So, i use the NGX, but, for me, she's just the MD-11's pretty cousin.

As i just recently purchased the MD11 and am still reading the manuals (Whew.gif ) i will learn the MD11 and fly it. and be good while the NGX get's fixed so i can learn to fly it, when it's done.Maybe till then, PMDG will have released two or three SPs.Once in a while i hop in the NGX and switch on the Power and programm the FMS to get her into the air, but didn't manage a complete flight till now. So NGX is still far away for me, i think.....!Hypnotized.gif

I will surely fly the MD11 somewhen in future again, but for now it's just the NGX. But honestly it's no wonder that I do what I do. The quality of the NGX is so good, you just don't want to fly anything else! But I'll fly the other aircrafts again, I'm sure.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

The queen's texture visuals are a little dated compared to the NGX but it's FDE and systems modelling are still tops in the FS world and it is still simply the best simulation of a 747 out there. The 747 also has a certian grace to it when it flies, the way the wings flex up, its curves, its history...etc...its an amazing airplane. Its like when you go plane spotting at a major international airport. Do you look up at every single 737 and A320? After the first 5 they tend to get a little generic lol. Does a heavy like a 747 or MD-11 still turn your head? Especially ones comming from far away lands. Don't get me wrong the NGX is an amaxing feat in FSX creation and I do enjoy flying it very much, it just kind of lacks a uniqueness. The 737-700ER and BBJ on the otherhand will be even more amazing simply because of their capabilities. I go through my FS hangar and bring out old planes alot when I am in the mood to fly them. I still enjoy flying Golden Age Sims ported over Waco series when I am in an old biplane mood, despite their older textures they are just fun to fly. :) CheersTJ

Actually, the MD-11's cockpit looks pretty good with the new 'shade' program, it gives it a nicer feel. makes pur HD textures not as important.
What's this 'shade' program you are talking about?

Matthew S

good to here everyones opinions, i flew the MD-11 constantly, now getting my moneys worth out of the NGX before rotating on different flights :)cheers guys