Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

Best GTX 460/560 ti for the money ?

I recently purchased 737NGX. I updated everything on my machine except the video card. I am still running a GeForce 9800 GTX Black Edition 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 What would the best upgrade under $250 be ? I think a 460 would be twice as good, but I could be wrong. The recommended specs for a high end system on 737NGX page is the 560 ti. As best I can tell the main difference between the 460 and 560 is the 192bit vs 256bit DDR5 ram. Is the 192bit(460 models) WAY faster than my current 256bit DDR3 ? I can tell my 9800 is the bottleneck on my system and I want to fix that... I just don't want to blowup my bank account. Thanks !

I use the http://www.gainward....apro.php?id=458 Gainward 560Ti Phantom For me it's the best gtx 560Ti because it is absolutely silent and is real fast.With my I7 2400@stock i get 25 to 32 fps in the VC of the NGX on a FSX standard airfield.And i get 18 to 28 fps with Aerosoft Airport Addons like German Airfields 3X running inside the VC of the NGX.Outside does not count but my GTX 560Ti goes up to 78 on stock airfields and 56 fps on Aerosoft airfields in outside view , looking at the NGX from all sides. If you like to play games and not exclusivly fly FSX you also get a nice GTX.Most normal games will run at 60fps with Vsync ON.Except Crysis 2 with HD patch DX11 (32fps) and the oncoming Wargames MW3 and Battlefield 3 which will be to see, really! One note to the GTX560Ti compared to GTX570/580:Of course the bigger cards are way faster!But they cost a lot more, consume WAY more current and thus get hotter. And not a bit, but REAL hot. So, they even are louder inside your PC. I'd say, right now, the GTX560Ti is the best buy for the money.You might consider a HD6950 OC too, but that's only for taste. Both cards are equally matched in fps counts.

Don't know if you're interested in buying a used card but I'm selling my EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked. Great card. Check it out here: http://forum.avsim.n...ocked-for-sale/
Thanks for the offer, that is a slick card. I went ahead and ordered the 560 Ti (EVGA) w/2GB memory earlier. I think it is going to be quite the change from my old 9800GT !