Sign in to follow this  
Jason.A

ASE and FSUIPC (am i the only one bothered by this?)

Why is it that in order for ASE to work as advertised i need to purchase another program? ASE alone creates small erratic winds/turbulance changes that prevent proper function of any heavy metal i own, aircraft with a sensitive FMC will experience problems using any of the modes available within ASE with turbulance enabled right?I spend 50 USD on an advance weather program which then emediately suggests i disable some of its features (turbulance/winds) in order for it to function properly? I can understand the limitations of FSX and feel for the developers that have to struggle with the beast it is, but if Peter Dawson can somehow magicly make Weather and many other things work, why cant the folks at HIFI. There are a few payware aircraft/utilitys that only work properly using FSUIPC to fix one issue or another while at the same time swearing up and down how its not REALLY neaded, as does HIFI with ASE, but if i dont REALLY need FSUIPC why is it required in order for your product to function as expected. I refuse to spend another 30+ dollars just to get something i already spent money on to work properly. (Freeware FSUIPC does not help) End Rant.

Jason Aerts

I'm with you. I'm still waiting for ASE to depict correct weather. I have the latest update. What sucks is if I shut down ASE and use FS weather, I get the correct depiction. I have the payware version of FSUPIC. It really wont matter.

Hi Jason, It's the nature of the planes and FSX. It is not up to us as the weather program to fix those planes. WE have spent months of our programming time looking into this, working TOGETHER with some of those plane's developers, making as many tweaks as possible, developing and writing a whole document offering suggestions and yet it is still our fault. Did you also go to the forums of those planes making this same rant about how you need to purchase FSUIPC just to be able to use THEIR planes with OUR weather program? To be fair you need to do the same thing because it is not just ASE that causes this. We inject weather data through SimConnect, then FSUIPC does its thing and then the data goes to FSX. We CANNOT bypass SimConnect, nor can we do anything more with the wind shifts in FSX. That is why we cannot perform any more magic. Also note that unless something major comes along, SP3 is the last major update for ASE.

Hi Jason, It's the nature of the planes and FSX. It is not up to us as the weather program to fix those planes. WE have spent months of our programming time looking into this, working TOGETHER with some of those plane's developers, making as many tweaks as possible, developing and writing a whole document offering suggestions and yet it is still our fault. Did you also go to the forums of those planes making this same rant about how you need to purchase FSUIPC just to be able to use THEIR planes with OUR weather program? To be fair you need to do the same thing because it is not just ASE that causes this. We inject weather data through SimConnect, then FSUIPC does its thing and then the data goes to FSX. We CANNOT bypass SimConnect, nor can we do anything more with the wind shifts in FSX. That is why we cannot perform any more magic. Also note that unless something major comes along, SP3 is the last major update for ASE.
In all fairness - it is not your fault. I've used HiFi's programs from the earliest I saw (AS4?) until, and including, the latest version of ASE. I use ASV6.5 for FS9 and ASE for FSX (using the Standard depiction mode) and, all things considered, I think they are truly excellent programs. I've never suffered from any of the effects that I see folks screaming about in this forum - I use virtually (bad pun) all the high line aircraft that are available, including PMDG's entire range of models (with the sole exception of the JS41). Unlike most of the folks here, I know weather and I know data and computers - having worked professionally in all three areas while doing research on severe storms for NASA. I think HiFi has done an excellent job of depicting the boiling pot of the atmosphere for FS; properly set up, and with reasonable expectations, you really can't do better than these programs. I note that you've done your last major update for ASE, but I do hope that the work continues exploring different methods and means for providing great weather for flight simulation will continue. Regards,DJ

@jskornaOn my iPhone and can't seem to quote.I understand as much as anyone can from years of dealing with MSFS, how hard it can be to get the sim to do what you want it to.All I am saying is that it seems those with a registered version of FSUIPC can get ASE to function far better then those without it. So it seems there is a solution or at least close to one that can be applied to resolve most issues with heavy metal and weather depiction within MSFS. So why aren't these solutions applied by default with the 50 dollar purchase.Or are the solutions posted using FSUIPC incorrect?ASE is a huge leap forward from default weather or anything else out there for FS IMO and experience, so don't get me wrong I commend what HIFI has been able to achieve, it's just that there seems to be a way to increase it's functionality even further and for whatever reasons in order to get that increase I must shell out another 30+ dollars.

Jason Aerts

Hi Jason, I already explained why: we interact with SimConnect first, then FSUIPC interacts with SimConnect and then the data goes to FSX. Without FSUIPC there is just SimConnect and that's it and you will get the odd actions of certain planes and turbulence. We don't control the features of what is included in the free version of FSUIPC vs. the paid version of FSUIPC. You can also note that this is the first version of SimConnect and we didn't get everything we needed from MS and even some of the issues we reported over and over again with SC never got fixed as well. At this point it is all we have to work with.

Quote I already explained why: we interact withSimConnect first, then FSUIPC interacts withSimConnect and then the data goes to FSX. Without FSUIPC there is just SimConnect and that's it and you will get the odd actions of certain planes"This is my point exactly!FSUIPC is being refered to as though it's built in house by Microsoft, and yet it's just another add on like many others. Whatever magic Peter Dawson is able to code can be done by others right?So why do I have to pay full price for your product which clearly depends on another to be fully functional.You refer to the limitations of Simconnect and in the same sentence explain how FSUIPC corrects some of those limitations. Why then don't you impliment those corrections on your end?

Jason Aerts

Hi, Because we interact with SimConnect first and then FSUIPC interacts with FSX. We cannot implement those corrections. You don't have to pay full price for any other software. No, what Pete has done cannot be done with any other software. Ask at the at the REX forum if REX users get S-turns using those planes without FSUIPC and the answer will be the same: yes.