Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

FO displays on or off ?

I have been running them off, but can't honestly say I've seen hard numbers showing any FPS savings even on my older system. Just the same, I've been keeping them off since my F/O never listens to me or laughs at my jokes. tongue.png One little bug I noticed however...when you initially turn off the F/O displays, the F/O's CDU goes off too...as I would expect. But when you re-load a saved panel state with the F/O's displays off, the F/O's CDU is on. Personally, I like the F/O's CDU to be on regardless of the PFD and ND display state and think it should be that way in the upcoming SP.

Chris Lundberg

Do you switch off the FO displays to save fps ? Best Karim
FO displays ON all the time. The few fps aren't worth turning them off, and without FO displays the cockpit just looks crippled.Flying trackir and VC only, so I'd definitely miss the FO displays doing their work.

Dave P. Woycek

I noitced an average 5 FPS decrease with them on, so I have them off :)

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Interesting topic - I've had mine off but according to Ryan above, it may be worth turning back on - if nothing else, just for the VC looks/ambiance. I know, once my FS2Crew NGX FO is born and climbs out of his crib, I'll turn them back on so he/she has something to look at besides those pertty pertty clouds, LOL...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I noitced an average 5 FPS decrease with them on, so I have them off :)
I initially thought this too, but it turned out just to be a temporary frame rate drop from moving my mouse in the VC (an FSX issue) to turn the F/O displays back on. Try checking again and wait about 10 seconds to see if your FPS increases again after turning them back on and keeping your mouse still. I'd be curious to know--thanks.

Chris Lundberg

Is the mouse pointer issue something that can be addressed, or is that just one of those things?

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

I too never saw a difference so I leave them on.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Is the mouse pointer issue something that can be addressed, or is that just one of those things?
It apparently can't be addressed, but you see that tiny little square in the top left corner of the screen? When you're done using the mouse, just hove it over that, and you'll gain quite a bit more FPS.

Never use the FO display since i dont have any FO at this time LOL.gif But it could be different when FS2Crew release their product for NGX. Let see..

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

This mouse pointer issue has been the subject in another FSX version of 737NG,and can't be resolved without FSX code.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020