Sign in to follow this  

Finally my pocket is deep enough to change VGA which I believed is the weakness in my system. More details about my current system: Intel E5300 @ 4Ghz 1.4VAdata 4x1GB DDR2-800@900 2VGigabyte P35-Ds3L v2.0Acbel Intelligent 450W A.PFCSeagate 250GB + 1,5TB..... After searching and asking around I finally put my hope into MSI ATI R6850 Cyclone or MSI GTX 460 Cyclone. Both 1GD5 256bit and are very close to each other at bench,games and stuff. I want to ask if my PSU can handle one of these? 450W I believe is good enough "if" I don't OC my CPU and RAM,but since I do, I'm not sure. And also..which of this will have better performance with Fs9 and FSX? Some people at iFly told me to get Nvidia GTX since Nvidia better with Fs. Thanks all! (FS is the only game that I play..beside Counter strike 1.6)

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

nVidia. No way for ATI! Too much jaggies and less performance in FS.
Thanks that was what I've heard too but just need some more advise :D /By the way, my PSU has total of 41A on the 12+ rails.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Guest jahman
/By the way, my PSU has total of 41A on the 12+ rails.
Check your required PSU size here. Cheers, - jahman.

Check your required PSU size here. Cheers, - jahman.
Thanks. I already did few times. It showed that I need an amount of ~430W to run my system with GTX 460 (the default nVidia,not the OCed). But still,this calculator isn't precise so I'm quite worried.

Hoang Le

P3D v5