Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

A2A Update

I know they won't let us down, these are the warbirds we've all been dreaming of having on our PCs. I can't wait for them to get that Mark V Spit out the door, and what's more, when they get their F-104 and the F-4 done, I'm probably never going to leave the house LOL Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There really is something magic about the P-51D shape. It's those curves surely. Accusim P51-D and Tamiya's 1/32 - match made in heaven. And ahhhh, EN951 (RF-D) Mk Vb! An airframe close to my heart. Christmas coming early this year!

Konrad

Guest jahman

I just love everything A2A Accu-Sim have released so far! Cheers, - jahman.

Guest jahman
Everything Accusim does is special. Glad these guys are out there working hard to churn out more planes. THe B-17 was just fantastic.
The Accu-Sim B-17 is terriffic: Flying it accorss the Pacific brings back all the WWII memories I never had. Big Grin.gif Cheers, - jahman.

I have a complaint here. I can't buy every sim I see LOL These are beautiful things. A real P-51 lives just down the road from me, Quick Silver at KLWB, Lewisburg WV. I have seen it make a high speed, low altitude pass over the area. Breathtaking indeed.

How they doing with the F4? That still going to happen?
Yup, but since they are making it 'Accusim', what they are doing is taking a similar approach to it as they have done with the Merlin Engine development, i.e. make the engine as a component which runs a sub routine outside of FS, which they can then tweak to represent different Merlin Engine variants including the Packard-built Merlins most Mustangs had, which will then slot into the various FS airframes, much like the real world in fact. This of course means that because they are also doing a revamp of their P-40, we'll probably get an Allison-engined early Mustang at some point. So the J79 engine is being developed first for their Starfighter, and then that will effectively be the test platform for the Phantom, which has two of the same engines, but because it uses the engine in a fairly unique way, in that it employs hot air from the engine blown over the wings to increase lift, it isn't just a simple 'slot two of them in' job to create it, although both the F-4 and the F-104 did have variable inlets for the engine, so some of the work will presumably cross over. Sadly that means we probably won't get a Rolls-Royce-engined F4 British Fleet Air Arm/RAF variant, or at least not any time soon, but there you go. Al

Alan Bradbury

These guys at A2A are amazing...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Three upcomig Warbirds from A2A
But why warbirds? Why don't they make civil planes instead? That is what FSX is meant for. Since you can't shoot things down in FSX I find it hard to see a point for military planes in FS.

They do, see their Boeing Stratocruiser and Piper Cub, and technically things like the Spitfire and B-17 are actually civilian aircraft these days, since they are no longer active military aircraft. By the way, you can shoot things down in FSX, with add-ons such as CS Weapon, and numerous missions of that nature. Al

Alan Bradbury

But why warbirds? Why don't they make civil planes instead? That is what FSX is meant for. Since you can't shoot things down in FSX I find it hard to see a point for military planes in FS.
You also don't have real passengers to load up in an airliner but they are still fun to fly :) Also, there is a company making an addon that will allow you to destroy things in FSX.

They do, see their Boeing Stratocruiser and Piper Cub, and technically things like the Spitfire and B-17 are actually civilian aircraft these days, since they are no longer active military aircraft. By the way, you can shoot things down in FSX, with add-ons such as CS Weapon, and numerous missions of that nature. Al
I got there Cub. How and why are a Spitfire used as an civilian aircraft thses days?

How and why are a Spitfire used as an civilian aircraft thses days?
Never been to an airshow? It's also worth noting that the Mark 26B Supermarine Spitfire, which you can actually buy brand new today, has always been a civilian aircraft. Here it is if you have some money going spare and fancy one: http://www.supermari...t.com/About.htm Perfect if your garden is under threat of invasion from the Axis for some reason. Al

Alan Bradbury