Sign in to follow this  
afraj

UIAutomationCore.dll (Bye Bye)

Myseld like other simmers have had issues with the infamous UIAutomationCore.dll file, i tried several ways of deleting this file, or simply replace it with an XP, or a Vista version; since i am using W7. Finally today i spoke to my father in law and brother in law in Morocco, and i asked them if they can help me delete this window base file. Answer Download the file Hirensboot,http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/Open the file and make an image copy of the CD,Reboot your PC from the CD DriveSoftware will come upChoose Mini Windows XPOnce Windows XP loads upLocate all UIAutomationCore files and delete themSimply Reboot your Computer normally and Enjoy. Hope this helps.Use at your own Risk

I tried several ways reading some inputs online, but everything that i tried did not work, and i was looking forward to my next flight without this file.How do you replace a .dll file anyway?

• Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says "username:" eg. "Andrew:F" or "Sarah:F"
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.) Quote from someone on AVSIM and from Google. I think this might be a bit easier!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I tried several ways reading some inputs online, but everything that i tried did not work, and i was looking forward to my next flight without this file.How do you replace a .dll file anyway?
The same way you replace any other file on your system, especially if you know how to reduce the security of Windows for the moment.
  • Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says "username:" eg. "Andrew:F" or "Sarah:F"
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.) Quote from someone on AVSIM and from Google. I think this might be a bit easier!

Still way too much work.

i tried all of the above, especially missing with CD Prompt, but i am glad i found a way that worked for me and one that i was comfortable with it.

You only need to place the Vista version of the .dll in your root FSX folder. That's it. Done. If you're still getting CTDs, you either have the wrong .dll or the uiautomationcore.dll is not the problem.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Believe me when i said i tried that, now i might not have put the right one?

just for the record. i have deleted this .dll but does not have it in the fsx root. should i ? Win 7 64 /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

According to what I learned you should have it in the FSX root folder and it has to bethe version 6.0,5840.16386If you delete them in your Windows folder, then there is something not working in your Win. Just let those be there./ Leffe

If there are several versions of the same dll file on a computer, the application will use the one it finds first. As long as the correct dll file is in the FSX folder, you don't have to worry about any other files on the system. The application will first look in it's own startup folder (ie FSX), then it will search the folders contained in the PATH variable. To see what's in your PATH variable, open a CMD prompt and type 'set' (look for the 'Path=' line). The variables in bold are often used in scripting operating system deployments and applying group policy in domain networks. As other posters have said, a DLL file can simply be overwritten providing you have suffiicient permissions. Using Windows Explorer (with 'Hide Extensions for Known File Types' disabled) I simply renamed the existing UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX folder to UIAutomationCore.dll.old and copied the W7 file into the folder instead.