Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

Back to FS9

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should I go back to FS9

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep FSX around but also fly with FS9

Okay, many people may find this crazy but I am seriously considering getting back to FS9. Why, well most if not all of my add-ons are both FSX/FS9 and in terms of performance I see only better values with the older sim. I am looking for everyones thoughts on what I would have to do to get fs9 up to todays standards with add-ons such a terrain/wx. I have no complaints with FSX except performance. I understand FSX is currently the standard but it has almost become too much of a cartoon. Tom

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I have did the same over a year ago. Keep FSX around though as the planes released for it are better and I amk waiting for the Majestic Dash 8 and the Flightsimlabs A320. They could be some time away though. Apart from some new plane addons though I do not see any advantage whatsoever.

If your computer cant handle it go back to fs9. however fs9 looks like crap compared to fsx in my opinion

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

The only reason I would switch to FSX would be for the much better water texures/reflections and the wet runway when it's raining, but I use FS9 and with a few good addons it works for me.

Apart from some new plane addons though I do not see any advantage whatsoever.
yea, no PMDG NGX for me :(

yea, no PMDG NGX for me sad.png
Then go for the IFLY 737NG. Coupled together with Bryan York's FS2Crew's 'voice control' it's immersion +

Dave Taylor gb.png

As I have already posted when previously asked this question. I have had FSX for some time and occasionally dust it off and try it. I still don`t like it and happily return to FS9, my preferred platfom. Dave

I am still on the fence but definitely leaning towards FS9, I am only worried about airports and the updates. I guess I could download airports which I normally use off of avsim but is there a better way?

Tom

If your computer cant handle it go back to fs9. however fs9 looks like crap compared to fsx in my opinion
Well, I´m back to FS9 but my system is definitely more than suffice for FSX. But I continue having problems with FSX and it´s regsitration. It just seems not to activate. So I´m back at FS9 till my call for the NGX is too strong...

As I have already posted when previously asked this question. I have had FSX for some time and occasionally dust it off and try it. I still don`t like it and happily return to FS9, my preferred platfom. Dave
must be a Dave thing because i do the exact same thing. FS9 here all the way. happily waiting to give Flight a go when it comes out.

Never bought FSX; since FS9 is still hugely entertaining on three year old hardware, I haven't seen the point in changing yet.

John G.

fs9 looks like crap
I feel really worried about my taste now. Until today FS9 looked beautiful to me.I regularly see crap in my life and never thought they're similar... Thinking.gif

I just installed FS9 and except for the water I think it looks better than FSX. I am still searching for a scenery update for FS9 but I think that may take a while. Tom

Tom

i think the topic got off track as the OP asked what he'd have to do to bring FS9 up to today's standards.somehow we got sidetracked into another fsx vs fs9 thread.i'm guilty too so i apologize. as to the original question, it depends on what you consider today's standards to be.i like my sim to look pretty but i recently found out after a computer crash and basic install of fs9, that i just enjoy flying.just my thoughts.Dave

I feel really worried about my taste now. Until today FS9 looked beautiful to me.I regularly see crap in my life and never thought they're similar... Thinking.gif
Well said RafalWhat on earth is the point of Dumbo, pointless ,contribute nothing, statements like 'FS9 looks like crap'Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077