Sign in to follow this  
HV-01

sudden drop fps fspax

Hello, When fspax updates his mini report (for instance hitting turbulence or giving food or drinks) then my fps drops from 30 to 5. This lasts for about 2 sec.I was wondering if enybody else is having the same issue.It's annoying because it happens during take off's and landings.

Hello, When fspax updates his mini report (for instance hitting turbulence or giving food or drinks) then my fps drops from 30 to 5. This lasts for about 2 sec.I was wondering if enybody else is having the same issue.It's annoying because it happens during take off's and landings.
Hello Willem, I may be experiencing this too as I use FSPax and experience abrupt drops in FPS of the same magnitude as you describe. I'll try some flights w/o FSPax and see if things improve. Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hello Noel, Thanks for the reply, when i fly without fspax then everything runs smooth.And the problem only occurs when fspax updates his minireport, and i cant figure it out whats causing it.but then again i'm not a software developer unsure.pngbut i keep on searching until i hit the jackpot. kind regards

Hi Willem, I've got exactly the same rig and OS as yours, I use FSPax every flight and I've never seen such a problem. I use ASE, REX 2.0 for clouds sets, and that"s all. My little 2 cents. Do not hesitate to reply if you need FSX or FSPax options comparison.

Thanks, Thanks guys for answering, now i know the problem is on my side, i will reinstall fspax and try again.i will let you know if there is any improvement. ps. Emmanuel are you using any tweaks regarding fsx? (im curious couse you have the same rig). kind regards

Hi Willem, I'm glad if I can help. Regarding the tweaks, nothing more than most of us use: the automationcore.dll thing + external FPS limiter + the ******* fsx.cfg tweak from his site. I can give you mine when I'm back home at 1900z. I got an average 30fps (the limiter is set to that) on cruise, and just a bit less on big airports. Cheers !

Thank you guys, I did a complete reinstall of fspax and used (recommended settings from W7 and installation as administrator).Did some testing and looks good Praying.gif .So maybe this does the trick for Noel also. ps. Emmanuel i would appreciate it if you could send me your tweaks. kind regards

Thank you guys, I did a complete reinstall of fspax and used (recommended settings from W7 and installation as administrator).Did some testing and looks good Praying.gif .So maybe this does the trick for Noel also. ps. Emmanuel i would appreciate it if you could send me your tweaks. kind regards
Hard to say Willem. I did a flight last evening w/o FSPax running and had a few hangs as described. I loaded another flight with FSPax operating and had about the same occasional hang. One thing that always happens: whenever turbulence happens FPS drops to around 5-6 and the lights dim for a few seconds, then normal performance is restored. Are you getting any issues when you run into cloud-related turbulence?
the automationcore.dll thing . . .
What is the automationcore.dll thing? I haven't searched for it, but haven't learned anything about it yet. Can you summarize it briefly? Thanks in advance! Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hello Noel, No I don't it was only happening with fspax.When i'm hitting turbulence my fps don't change. And automationcore.dll is a .dll what is put in the root of the FSX folder, it cures (mostly) the CTD what is generated by the right clicking menu in FSX.When you right click to many times then FSX can crash. The automationcore.dll is present in win vista but not in win 7.if you search for automationcore.dll on this forum you wil find plenty information about this file smile.png . I think that the drops you have within fsx is caused by an addon, cause by me it was fspax. i hope i have answered your question a litle bitunsure.png . kind regards,