Sign in to follow this  
paul123

Can I run 2 monitors from GTX 560ti ?

HiI am thinking about the possibility of buying a second monitor and running 2 off the 560 ti.Perhaps one showing cockpit mode and the other an external view. Is this possible ? My existing monitor runs off 1400x1050 resolution. Thinking about buying a 22"-24" monitor. Excuse my ignorance but what is the max resolution I can buy for supplying both ? Will running 2 affect the frame rates?My current spec is :Gigabyte Z68XPUD4Geforce GTX 560tiNvidia GTX 560 ti8gb Kingston 1600 DDR3 RAMSeagate sata 3 750gb harddrice60gb SSDGigabyte 550w PSUWindows 7 64 bit Thanks Paul

You can run two off the one GTX 560 Ti and yes, you can do external view and VC. I think you just press new window then unlock it and move it to the other screen. Unfortunatly this will cause a FPS drop. I tried flying around in a Carenado 172 at Coffa Harbour and went from 50 FPS to 30 FPS. What CPU do you have?

Ok thanks, would adding a second graphics card make a big difference to running a second monitor to my spec ?

I am not exactly sure. If you had SLI you could have 3d vision surround but if you aren't I doubt it would help due to FSX's limitations.

Z68 board and 2500K chip... run the second monitor off of the MB and use the graphics card in the chip. That is what I do with the same card and that way you save some frames. It works great if you are using the second monitor for 2D panels like the FMC, etc. and the added advantage is that you can run full screen FSX on the main monitor and any other program on the second one in windowed mode. Now if you are stretching your screen over two monitors to run FSX main view then propably better to run off the video card. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000