Sign in to follow this  
UVW

ENB CTD Possible Fix

Heycould someone help me test this ? cause it looking pretty good here.i just completed several flights while switching between window and fullscreen a few times with no crashes.try and place this file in the fsx dir, its d3dx9_26.dll which are the directx helper libraries. http://www.mediafire...coy5hrt4m4uk3qm let me know if it helps.

Heycould someone help me test this ? cause it looking pretty good here.i just completed several flights while switching between window and fullscreen a few times with no crashes.try and place this file in the fsx dir, its d3dx9_26.dll which are the directx helper libraries. http://www.mediafire...coy5hrt4m4uk3qm let me know if it helps.
Thanks a lot, tested NGX with stunning result. I was able to switch back and forth heavily without a single CTD! But later on I got one due to d3d9.dll while opening IVAP in full screen.

glad to hear it kinda worked for u as well.i cant really help you on the ivap issue since i dont fly online, but one thing i could suggest is to try other versions of d3dx9.dll.u can find quite a few in "C:\Windows\System32" just copy it to the fsx dir.

I've had ENB for some time and haven't had trouble with crashes when switching between windowed and full screen modes. Having said that, I seldom have to switch from full to window mode and vice versa because I set everything up before launching FSX or immediately after launching FSX, while FSX is still in windowed mode. Then I only have to go from windowed to full -- once. Occasionally I'll forget to start RC4 while in windowed mode (or, FSX will launch in full screen mode), and I'll be forced to do the back and forth that everyone seems to be doing. Even then, I have never had a crash or freeze of any kind. I may just have a fluke in my setup that corrects whatever bug is causing the crash, but I am curious why people do so much switching between windowed and full screen mode, as doing so seems to invite trouble. Reducing this behaviour (which can be done by being more efficient in the order in which you launch your flight session) may alleviate this problem while you wait for a true fix. Trevor

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me..
this maybe a stupid question but did u extract dll inside the rar to the fsx dir ?
I've had ENB for some time and haven't had trouble with crashes when switching between windowed and full screen modes. Having said that, I seldom have to switch from full to window mode and vice versa because I set everything up before launching FSX or immediately after launching FSX, while FSX is still in windowed mode. Then I only have to go from windowed to full -- once. Occasionally I'll forget to start RC4 while in windowed mode (or, FSX will launch in full screen mode), and I'll be forced to do the back and forth that everyone seems to be doing. Even then, I have never had a crash or freeze of any kind. I may just have a fluke in my setup that corrects whatever bug is causing the crash, but I am curious why people do so much switching between windowed and full screen mode, as doing so seems to invite trouble. Reducing this behaviour (which can be done by being more efficient in the order in which you launch your flight session) may alleviate this problem while you wait for a true fix. Trevor
i usually do takeoff and landing in fullscreen for performance reasons, but i like watching a movie or browse the web while in cruise.so i usually switch back and forth quite a few times during a flight.

i usually do takeoff and landing in fullscreen for performance reasons, but i like watching a movie or browse the web while in cruise.so i usually switch back and forth quite a few times during a flight.
Ouch! Hiss!!!!! It pains me to hear you say that. FSX behaves badly enough when it has the full attention of your CPU and other computer resources. You can't make it compete with other programs. Hahaha.

Ouch! Hiss!!!!! It pains me to hear you say that. FSX behaves badly enough when it has the full attention of your CPU and other computer resources. You can't make it compete with other programs. Hahaha.
with AffinityMask=14 in my case fsx uses only 3 of the 4 cores, and about half the ram, that leaves more than enough cpu time for watching SD videos and browsing the web.

this maybe a stupid question but did u extract dll inside the rar to the fsx dir ?
Yes I did..

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Yes I did..
to repeat (sorry for quoting myself).
but one thing i could suggest is to try other versions of d3dx9.dll.u can find quite a few in "C:\Windows\System32" just copy it to the fsx dir.
and to add to that, which ENB version are u using ? the one for GTA SA ?cause i use one for Richard Burns Rally. EDIT: and to add even more :) (if youre up for some filddling)these are the important sections of my enbseries.ini
[GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=1BugFixMode=1SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0

with AffinityMask=14 in my case fsx uses only 3 of the 4 cores, and about half the ram, that leaves more than enough cpu time for watching SD videos and browsing the web.
Maybe, but FSX is like a jealous overbearing wife. She's going to pitch a fit if she sees you spending time with other women, regardless of the fact that you spend plenty of time with her.

Maybe, but FSX is like a jealous overbearing wife. She's going to pitch a fit if she sees you spending time with other women, regardless of the fact that you spend plenty of time with her.
rofl im Not Worthy.gifLOL.gif

to repeat (sorry for quoting myself).
Well this is amazing!! Thanks for your help, it seems to have cured my problem so far after putting the D3D9X_43.dll I found in the system32 folder. Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

np, glad its working for u too now.the enb mod is just too awesome to let go without a fight :) another tip for enbseries i got from another game i use it for is this file, which adds noise effect and sharpeningjust drop attached file in the fsx dir as always.