Sign in to follow this  
UVW

ENB CTD Possible Fix

I always get a CTD when switching between full and windowed, so I got rid of ENB, but now with this new SHADE product Im thining of giving ENB another chance, I will install and try it out and let you know how it goes!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi,I have always CTD trying to switch from windowed mode to full screen or viceversa, so I will try what suggested to see if that can solve the issue. With ENB i have another strange issue and i hope that someone is able to give me a possible solution.Normally I run FSX SP2 in full screen mode with two screens (I7 2600K - Nvidia GTX 470).I use the primary screen (1920x1080) with the main panel and the outside view and the secondary (1600x1200) to move there other panels like the overhead or the pedestal.I have installed the ENB and the issue I have is that when i press SHIFT-F12 the effect is activated only on the secondary screen and nothing changes on the primary.It is not a problem for me to have the effect only on one screen, but I would understand if it is possible to have it on the primary (and not on the secondary.Any help will be really appreciated.Thanks in advance and have good flightsJoe

UVW - could you please describe what is your 'noise' effect - sharpen I understand, but 'noise' I associate with 'interference' as in 'electronic noise', and not desirable. Many thanks,

Sadly I still get black screens returning to full screen mode.

- Aaron

UVW - could you please describe what is your 'noise' effect - sharpen I understand, but 'noise' I associate with 'interference' as in 'electronic noise', and not desirable. Many thanks,
yup, i suggest u just try it and see for yourself. it adds a little grain noise which u can enable/disable, just edit the file in notepad or any other text editorjust replace "#define ENOISE" at the top of the file with "//#define ENOISE"u can also change other effect parameters likefloat SharpeningAmount = 2.0;float NoiseAmount = 0.5;to get different results, and if u are not happy with these effects just delete the file. u can see some comparison shots with and without it herehttp://forum.avsim.n...series-upgrade/
Hi,..............I use the primary screen (1920x1080) with the main panel and the outside view and the secondary (1600x1200) to move there other panels like the overhead or the pedestal. I have installed the ENB and the issue I have is that when i press SHIFT-F12 the effect is activated only on the secondary screen and nothing changes on the primary. It is not a problem for me to have the effect only on one screen, but I would understand if it is possible to have it on the primary (and not on the secondary. ........Joe
try checking that focus display in nvidia control panel is set to the monitor u want enb on.also try setting "UseEffect=1" in your enbseries.ini so the effect will start automatically.

Sadly I still get black screens returning to full screen mode.
That might be UIAutomationCore.dll related, not ENBSeries related. As far as I know, ENB causes CTDs, not black screens.

Cristi Neagu

That might be UIAutomationCore.dll related, not ENBSeries related. As far as I know, ENB causes CTDs, not black screens.
No, I've disabled the uiautomation files as well. Anything using the d3dx9.dll method such as ENB, antilag, and FXAA all cause black screens when returning to full screen from window mode.

- Aaron

No, I've disabled the uiautomation files as well. Anything using the d3dx9.dll method such as ENB, antilag, and FXAA all cause black screens when returning to full screen from window mode.
What do you mean by disabling them? If you've removed the UIAutomationCore.dll from you FSX directory, there's your problem. There is no way to tell FSX to not use UIAutomationCore.dll. Every time you switch to windowed mode, the menu pops up, and that calls the dll.

Cristi Neagu

I've removed the file from C:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64. Is that an incorrect procedure? I haven't removed anything from the FSX folder itself.

- Aaron

the black screens are fsx problem not enb or antilag.i've had them long before using any of these in fsx.and btw, every directx application is using the d3dx libraries.

I've removed the file from C:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64. Is that an incorrect procedure? I haven't removed anything from the FSX folder itself.
it is as far as i know, all u have to do is place the dll from older vista windows in your fsx dir. since exe files first look for dll's in thier root dir, and only than go to the windows system dir.by removing it from the windows dir all together u may cause problems to other programs which actually need the newer file.i would revert back and just place the correct file in the fsx dir.

the black screens are fsx problem not enb or antilag.i've had them long before using any of these in fsx.and btw, every directx application is using the d3dx libraries. it is as far as i know, all u have to do is place the dll from older vista windows in your fsx dir. since exe files first look for dll's in thier root dir, and only than go to the windows system dir.by removing it from the windows dir all together u may cause problems to other programs which actually need the newer file.i would revert back and just place the correct file in the fsx dir.
I can try placing a copy of the uiautomation.dll into the FSX folder, but I have no issues switching to window mode and back to full screen if I am not using a modified d3dx9.dll file in my FSX folder. Do it every flight, sometimes multiple times. As soon as I add ENB or antilag or FXAA the problem is immediate.

- Aaron

the uiautomation.dll has nothing to do with window/fullscreen change, its for fixing a crash when using menus or switching views in win 7.also im not exactly sure what u mean since there is d3d9.dll and d3dx9.dll which are not the same. enb uses a modified d3d9.dll to hook the directx9 render calls and modify them.d3dx9.dll is just a library of math and other misc functions primarly which all directx applications use for basic stuff.

Ok, well the uiautomation.dll fix was suggested by other users when describing the black screen issue. With that settled I cease worrying about that as a potential issue. Also, I mistyped when stating "d3dx9.dll" as the file used by ENB and similar mods. If I install ENB into the FSX root folder, which by nature of the add-on uses the d3d9.dll, I have a black screen when attempting to go from windowed mode to full screen. Same issue using antilag (also installed by copying its version of d3d9.dll into the FSX folder). Or FXAA, also installed the same way. Any modified version of d3d9.dll causes black screens when going from windowed to full screen. Without them, works just fine.

- Aaron

so there is probably some issue with your setup.i use enb and antilag together and i dont have the problem u are describing.

Must be, I've resigned to just not using them. Don't really miss what you've never had.

- Aaron