Sign in to follow this  
UVW

ENB CTD Possible Fix

the uiautomation.dll has nothing to do with window/fullscreen change, its for fixing a crash when using menus or switching views in win 7.
When you're switching to windowed mode, the menu bar in FSX is automatically displayed. That may be enough to call the dll.

Cristi Neagu

yup, i suggest u just try it and see for yourself. it adds a little grain noise which u can enable/disable, just edit the file in notepad or any other text editorjust replace "#define ENOISE" at the top of the file with "//#define ENOISE"u can also change other effect parameters likefloat SharpeningAmount = 2.0;float NoiseAmount = 0.5;to get different results, and if u are not happy with these effects just delete the file. u can see some comparison shots with and without it herehttp://forum.avsim.n...series-upgrade/ try checking that focus display in nvidia control panel is set to the monitor u want enb on.also try setting "UseEffect=1" in your enbseries.ini so the effect will start automatically.
Many thanks indeed. I loaded the effects.txt file, didn't like the noise so commented that out, but am keeping the file in as I think I like the overall effect, so many thanks for sharing that, much appreciated.

Many thanks indeed. I loaded the effects.txt file, didn't like the noise so commented that out, but am keeping the file in as I think I like the overall effect, so many thanks for sharing that, much appreciated.
no problem, glad to help.i just posted another enb related tweak/addition in the fsx forum if u are intrestedhttp://forum.avsim.n...om-enb-palette/

but one thing i could suggest is to try other versions of d3dx9.dll.u can find quite a few in "C:\Windows\System32" just copy it to the fsx dir.
I am confused by this suggestion. If you do this, it'll work, but you won't get ENB effects since it's not using the tweaked d3d9.dll. It's the same as running without the effect on. Am I missing something?

I am confused by this suggestion. If you do this, it'll work, but you won't get ENB effects since it's not using the tweaked d3d9.dll. It's the same as running without the effect on. Am I missing something?
yes, a little x in the filename, enb uses a modified version of the d3d9.dll, d3dx9.dll is the directx helper libraries, which are needed by every dx application.in the windows system dir u will find a lot of different versions of said file with names like d3dx9_yy.dll where the yy is replaced by the directx sdk build number to which that file belongs.placing that file in the fsx dir forces enb to use one of those instead of those in the windows system dir. this has solved 99% of my ctd when switching between fullscreen/window mode.and again u should expirement with different versions if one doesnt work for u.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, but I already have the "UseEffect=1" and the focus option on NVidia seems to be valid only in SLI configuration that is not my case (I have two monitors connections on the same GPU). I'm thinking that my issue is really due to the fact that I try to run ENB in full screen having the two monitors configured as an unique extended desktop (probably this is also the reason why I have other panels displayed on the secondary monitor in full screen, but bot in windowed mode). As soon as possible I will set the two screens as separate desktops launching FSX in windowed mode to see if finally ENB will run as it should do. Thanks again and any other suggestion will be more than welcome Joe

u can find quite a few in "C:\Windows\System32" just copy it to the fsx dir
I am afraid it has no sence. This folder contains 64-bit versions of files wich are not utilized neither sim nor ENB. Sim hooks 32-bit versions from redirected directory C:\Windows\SysWOW64.ENB uses d3dx9_26.dll d3dx9_40.dll. If you have DirectX those libraries must be installed, if you dont - can get them here http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm I`ve missed point you ment 32-bit OS. If so - you are right

Computers and OS are so complicated nowadays, that things rarely need to make sense to work. As some of you know, some time ago, people were complaining that by using USB hubs they were getting a lot of problems. When they removed the hub, no more problems. Where's the sense in that?

Cristi Neagu

Well I copied every d3dx9_*.dll into FSX from the System32 folder just for grins. I still get the dead black video after an hour of flight. I'll keep looking for other ideas as it's almost painful to fly without ENB now. I wish I'd know why FSX just won't load with some of the newer DLLs while others' systems load it fine. Ah, FSX: the spend-more-time-tweaking-than-flying sim :)

finally my system runs really really smooth with pmdg ngx (steady 40fps via external frame limiter) and ENB in frankfurt online with IVAP.(HT off, affinity mask = 14, bufferpools= 4000 did the trick)i ONLY fly Online with IVAP. some days the sim runs pretty stable (fly 4 or 5 legs day without shutting down fsx and there is no crash oder CTD.but sometimes i cant complete a single damn flight without CTD. pretty frustrating!here my last crash after 1hour preflight preperation while taxing to runway in frankfurt: Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005Fehleroffset: 0x00c9c60fID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x708Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cc7948844cc44fPfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exePfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknownBerichtskennung: aee7f0dd-e53f-11e0-b8e1-000cf6187563 and.. Fehlerbucket , Typ 0Ereignisname: APPCRASHAntwort: Nicht verfügbarCAB-Datei-ID: 0 Problemsignatur:P1: fsx.exeP2: 10.0.61637.0P3: 46fadb14P4: unknownP5: 0.0.0.0P6: 00000000P7: c0000005P8: 00c9c60fP9:P10: Angefügte Dateien:C:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txtC:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txtC:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfgC:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.datC:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xmlC:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA395.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:C:\Users\Freefly\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_ad1b50f6b82af88c2d68f6edfe46fbc9528fd8e3_0365b1b8 Analysesymbol:Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0Berichts-ID: aee7f0dd-e53f-11e0-b8e1-000cf6187563Berichtstatus: 1 iam really tired of tweaking and trying ...all the time i put in this...its a shame :Dtryin the files in this thread and no ctd while swichting from fullscreen to windowd mode anymore...but now some random CTDs :(next step is: disable ENB.. and delete all the uiautomation.dll files from system and fsx root.

it is rather rare that i have the ENB CTD (d3d9.dll error) but i have no uiautomationcore.dll on my computer. Is it a must have in the fsx root or is it only IF you experience instability with ENB or with other problems ? I have copy the dll ealier in this thread to FSX root. Hopes it will keep me frome ENB problems ThanksMichael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The new file seems to have helped out my enb woes - for now.I'll keep an eye on it.Many thanks for your info..

I tried the method by the OP hoping to get back my missing ENB effect, but I'm sad to report it won't work on my system. I tried two times, switching from full to window at the end of a short saved flight. The first time, the screen went black and I was unable to recover the session. NO CTD, but it was reminicent of my black/white screens from years back, and I was able to just exit the sim. Second time, I got the dreaded d3d9.dll CTD at the end of flight. I'm going to try some other versions of the d3d9.dll or enbseries ini files, but I'm doubtful as if it will be worth the effort. Would it help if I change in the ini file the "useeffect=1" to "useeffect=0" so that there is less of a chance of a crash when switching modes? Even if that helps initially, then I'll worry that I can only switch screens for a limited amount of times before the system gets exhausted and crashes..... I'll try a few more tests but as I said before I'm not very optimistic. Thankfully, I did invest in Shade, so I have something like ENBseries to improve the visuals.

Heycould someone help me test this ? cause it looking pretty good here.i just completed several flights while switching between window and fullscreen a few times with no crashes.try and place this file in the fsx dir, its d3dx9_26.dll which are the directx helper libraries. http://www.mediafire...coy5hrt4m4uk3qm let me know if it helps.
Hi that worked for swicthing between fullscreen and windowed mode but I get .dll crashes now.