Sign in to follow this  
lucagi

Right engine doesn't start

I'm sure that packs and the other elecotrs are in the right position (remember: "after installaing last comprehensive hotfix" I've said, in the past everything works).The same, I'll check again each selector, packs and so on, also the isolation valve. But there's another problem: the Fmc in the Setup doesn't want to save panel state neither load panel state or choosing a start-up configuration! LucaItaly

Had the same problem but I noticed my pressure was not above 30, and it needs to be above 30 to start engine 2. Now i start up both engines like this - just turn off your right pack and it should work, and if it doesn't, try both packs, that should definitely get it up and running. It will not start though at less than 30.

Max

PMDG 747X & 737NGX Pilot

Had the same problem but I noticed my pressure was not above 30, and it needs to be above 30 to start engine 2. Now i start up both engines like this - just turn off your right pack and it should work, and if it doesn't, try both packs, that should definitely get it up and running. It will not start though at less than 30.
Your issue is different from the Luca's one, You MUST turn off both packs to start the engines. It is written in the checklist.It is not a bug, it is an user error. Luca, what is the pressure of the right duct? Screenshots? Tried cross engine start? It works?If it continues try to uninstall the NGX then install again with the hotfixes.Report again if it solves.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Had the same problem but I noticed my pressure was not above 30, and it needs to be above 30 to start engine 2.
As long as there are no bleed air consumers, the APU will reduce the bleed pressure. This is a feature, not a bug. Once you turn an engine start switch to GND opening the start valve, you will see the APU increase the pressure.

It does not matter if the engine bleed switches are on or off for engine starting because when you turn the engine start switch to Ground (GRD)it automatically closes the bleed air valve until after the engine has started and the GRD switch trips off again.You would then turn on bleed air for the started engine because it NOW can supply bleed air. ( the DUAL BLEED light is to remind the pilots that there is a possibility that the engines bleed air could Back Pressure the APU )Especially if both engines are running and the isolation valve has been left open. Fred.

I've always flown with the 737 and I know it well and the procedures too. I've tried checking everything and everything was ok to starting engine. The only thing I've done is to uninstall and install it again and now it works! I don't know what's happened, but now it works :) But it isn't solved the other matter with the Fmc: I can't save neither load a panel state. And the same, I can't load a start-up situation :(I.E to save a panel state I write the file name in the "save state" page, the name was transferred in the dotted line and lighted, but does'nt appear the "save" button to push, only the "erase" button. If I want to load a panel state, I chosse it from the list, it was lighted, but I've only a "cancel" button, not a "load" button.I've tried to check in the list if there is my new saved panel state, and obviously, it was not. Thank you LucaItaly

But it isn't solved the other matter with the Fmc: I can't save neither load a panel state. And the same, I can't load a start-up situation sad.pngI.E to save a panel state I write the file name in the "save state" page, the name was transferred in the dotted line and lighted, but does'nt appear the "save" button to push, only the "erase" button. If I want to load a panel state, I chosse it from the list, it was lighted, but I've only a "cancel" button, not a "load" button.I've tried to check in the list if there is my new saved panel state, and obviously, it was not. Thank you LucaItaly
When the name gets highlighted, Press the 'Execute' button to complete the save. You should see the message "saving panel state...", and after a moment, you'll see the message "successfully saved to ####" (where #### is the name you saved it to). When you're loading, it's the same after choosing the panel state, you hit the 'Execute' button and you'll get the message 'loading panel state'. Cheers

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara