Sign in to follow this  
lucagi

Right engine doesn't start

I've a problem after installing the last comprehensive fix 2922: I can't start the right engine. It's all ok with the left engine, but when i rotate the ignition on GND, nothing happens with the right engine. I haven't failures active. Someone can help me?Thank you LucaItaly

Did you monitor your N2? Is it increasing? It is possible to not have enough APU bleed. Try to put to OFF the left engine bleed air and packs also to OFF and monitor if N2 increases.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

I always have the Isolation valve to open for start, and then ensure the pack's are off. Don't know if it makes any difference, but all the checklists I have read have you starting the right before the left. Never tried it the other way.. G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Haha. I had this problem today, was about to taxi off, but couldn't get the right engine to start, the left started fine but the right just wouldn't do anything. Took me 15 minutes until I realized the isolation valve was off, not in the auto position as it should be. If your unsure, the isolation valve is the switch between the Packs.

What exactly does the isolation valve isolate? - I'm not at home right now so I don't have the Manual to hand.
It isolates the left side from the right !!! If you look at the lines on the panel it shows the connections in the system .. .. .. G

think we all missing some thing here, the op has stated that he has no problem in starting the left engine. and cant start the right engine. So we can assume he knows how to start the engines , so it should be the same proceedure for the right engine. The only thing i can think of he has made some switch selection in between starting the left engine after trying to start the right engine for some unkown reason.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I had the same issue. Had a heck of a time finding a solution in the manual. However, the amplified procedures on page NP.21.16 seem to be incorrect. Here is how I set up the Air Conditioning Panel: PACK Switches - OFFISOLATION VALVE switch - OPENBLEED Air Switches OFFAPU BLEED - ON After starting the left engine, I turn on its BLEED Air Switch. This causes the DUAL BLEED light to illuminate. I then am able to start the right engine.

think we all missing some thing here, the op has stated that he has no problem in starting the left engine. and cant start the right engine. So we can assume he knows how to start the engines , so it should be the same proceedure for the right engine. The only thing i can think of he has made some switch selection in between starting the left engine after trying to start the right engine for some unkown reason.
Erm the isolation valve will cause that, without having to press anything between starting the left then right. If he is turning the left pack on after starting the left then that would also cause the pressure to drop.. .. G

I had the same issue. Had a heck of a time finding a solution in the manual. However, the amplified procedures on page NP.21.16 seem to be incorrect. Here is how I set up the Air Conditioning Panel: PACK Switches - OFFISOLATION VALVE switch - OPENBLEED Air Switches OFFAPU BLEED - ON After starting the left engine, I turn on its BLEED Air Switch. This causes the DUAL BLEED light to illuminate. I then am able to start the right engine.
From the checklists that I have gone by the engine bleeds normally get turned on with the APU bleed and left on. Which has never caused me a problem, I see what you mean about the procedures in the manual though - packs on auto/high ?? That would cause a problem !! G

Assumption is the mother of all failures. There are a handful of users on here who have experienced the exact same scenario including myself. I was able to start up engine one perfectly. Engine 2 would not start up at all, I checked everything I did for Engine 1, it just didnt make sense - turned out the isolation valvue wasn't set properly.... left if its current setting engine one would always have the requires pressure to start, whereas engine 2 wouldnt.

What is the pressure in the rigt duct? It is shown on the Overhead panel, try to make a screenshot of the overhead in the moment of right engine start.Isolation valve AUTO, there is an AUTO logic, it seems noone want to use it.APU bleed feeds only left side, for right engine the crossbleed (isol valve) must be open (and in the AUTO position the aircraft knows when to open the crossbleed)Packs must be OFF as they remove air for the starting.The left engine is simple to start, no logic, no isolation valve, just the switch, the pack itself will not cause a complete pressure lose.If it is a bug, just post an image when it happens, you never told us the pressure in the RH duct in that moment and never told if you tried a crossengine start and if it worked.About bleed on or off during start, they can be left on as tey will not come on during start.

Regards

Andrea Daviero