Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

Bulldozer hit 8.4GHz.....new world record.

Don't know how it will do on air and with FSX but if this is a preview of what this chip can do some of you will have to eat their word........ http://www.legitrevi...article/1705/1/
Yes I just saw it a half hour back , just amazing looks like what AMD promised and this is not even the Enhanced Bulldozer which is for next year , good fun to check the competition.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Was done with 6 of the 8 cores disabled and all that extreme OC stuff is done with liquid nitrogen and dry ice. I don't see how any of it relates to us. I'm more interested in seeing every day performance. I certainly hope Bulldozer surprises us, but I'm not holding my breath. AMD coming back and showing Intel up would be pretty epic, though.

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Was done with 6 of the 8 cores disabled. I certainly hope Bulldozer surprises us, but I'm not holding my breath.
The main thing would be FSX for IPC that's what I think every FSX simmer would want . Yep a tough competition to intel once again would be nice. IMO Bulldozer should be what they say, as I have always had an AMD due to pricing and it always did surprise me with it's performance.

Don't know how it will do on air and with FSX but if this is a preview of what this chip can do some of you will have to eat their word........ http://www.legitrevi...article/1705/1/
Was done with 6 of the 8 cores disabled and all that extreme OC stuff is done with liquid nitrogen and dry ice. I don't see how any of it relates to us. I'm more interested in seeing every day performance. I certainly hope Bulldozer surprises us, but I'm not holding my breath. AMD coming back and showing Intel up would be pretty epic, though.
After looking back in the archives to see if I have ever been wrong before, It appears that it is not absolutely certain that such an anomaly has not appeared to occur in an isolated incident once or twice. Therefore, it is theoretically a possibility, however remote, that I might be mistaken about AMD this time. wink.png If that proves to be the case, historians will no doubt post an appropriate disclosure of such an incident, if any, in the footnotes of my official authorized biography. Kind regards, Whistle.gif

Guys re-read my first post.. Don't know how it will do on air and with FSX but if this is a preview of what this chip can do some of you will have to eat their word........ Still a world record no matter what....

Guys re-read my first post.. Don't know how it will do on air and with FSX but if this is a preview of what this chip can do some of you will have to eat their word........ Still a world record no matter what....
Actually i am happy for AMD.

Guest jahman

Whoa! It's not LN2 they're using, it's bloody liquid helium! Some friendly advice, If you get this AMD CPU and run it at 8+ GHz, better set FSX time acceleration to 16x or risk the CPU turning into a blob of molten sand before you reach your destination as you run out of liquid helium! Big Grin.gif Thing is, it doesn't really matter what clock speed the 32 nm AMD Bulldozer gets to, Intel Ivy Bridge 22 nm fab (1/2 the size of 32 nm gates!) with Tri-Gate will always clock higher for the same cooling solution. Its just physics: Gate switching time is way faster and current leakage is lower. Cheers, - jahman.

Well, it may mean slightly higher clocks with the CPU for "stable" OCing but its still pretty awesome.

There is also the Enhanced Bulldozer that is the competition for Ivy. and no one would run it @8 Ghz , this chip pulls 5 ghz easily in OC I suppose, Just have to wait and see how good is the IPC. And the test was done with just two cores enabled . Sounds that CPU has enough head room for Oc'ing under air cooling.

I am also happy for AMD, but Corey is right. World record clock frequencies with liquid nitrogen cooling systems are irrelevant to the general public. It's stable clock speeds with affordable cooling systems that are the key.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am also happy for AMD, but Corey is right. World record clock frequencies with liquid nitrogen cooling systems are irrelevant to the general public. It's stable clock speeds with affordable cooling systems that are the key.
No end user will OC to 8 Ghz , the test is just to check what the CPU could achieve with only two cores . Thought is it will breeze to 5 ghz on stock cooler. It is still early to say what BD can do as there are no performance reviews available.

Whoa! It's not LN2 they're using, it's bloody liquid helium!- jahman.
Bloody liquid helium is what they use to make the famous candy, Platelets & Clotlets tongue.png

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest simmer9304

It's about time somebody broke those Celeron D records... There's some new tests coming out by trusted hardware websites that are showing the Bulldozer chips aren't well optimized for x87 and as a result their SuperPi benchmarks are pitiful. But it also points out the irrelevance of SuperPi.