Sign in to follow this  
Copperleaf

First long flight - a few minor problems

I am doing an "across the pond flight" from EGKK at the moment and have found a number of minor problems. The flight has involved a number of saves and restarts using Radar Contact 4. Forgive me if these points have been discussed before. 1. After a while, I noticed that the fuel temp gauge was reading +55, full scale, all the time. I do remember after take off that it ws reading correctly at about +20. 2. The electrical hyd pumps 1 and 2 had two failure placards lit, OVERHEAT and LOW PRESSURE. I looked at the QRH manual and switched both pumps off, but the placards remained lit. I then looked at the failure section in the CDU and was surprised to find that this was flagged as a failure despite the fact that I had not set any failures. I then used the CDU to clear this and all failures, but the failure placards remained lit. Whatever I did, the failures still show. 3. The electronic standby instrument sticks in STD in descent. I set a QFE and the pilot's DU shows the correct reading. I tried to adjust the standy instrument by twiddling the baro knob, but it immediately reverts to STD. 4. Every time I load a saved situation with autopilot set, I get very violent pitch oscillations. I have to switch off the autopilot, wait a few seconds then reconnect the AP. The aircraft goes all over the place and I get shouted at by RC4 for altitude deviation. 5. When the cockpit lighting is on, the MCPA button legends are quite bright and it is difficult to differentiate the legends from the selection bar. 6. Sometimes, when switching from an outside view to an internal view the sound goes away. I have to switch the FSX sound off then on to get the full sound back again. 7. LOL.gifWhen the sun shines across the DUs, all I can see is fingerprints and dust. Don't they ever clean the aircraft? Any comments would be much appreciated. Chris Hall

I can speak to number 3 since it's the only one I'm certain of...if you have a model with the ISFD (all-in-one standby gauge) rotating the baro knob merely preselects the baro setting if you have previously selected it to "Standard." You then need to push the knob to activate that setting. On your climbout, you should have had to click it to get standard 1013/29.92. Adam EDIT: I think 1 and 2 are on the "watch list" from PMDG but I'm sot sure about that.

I may be wrong on this but I believe 1 and 2 are the same thing. It may happen if you forget to turn off the central fuel pumps below a certain amount left in the tank (in the manual) dont remember the figure off the top of my head. The fuel is used to cool certain things and if there is no fuel in the tank it cant cool anything and the temps will rise causing said overheats. I saw a post Mr Randazzo made regarding this which explains it better than I can. If I find it again I will link you.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Yea, #1 and #2 are inter-related. Hot fuel=hot hydraulics and an overheat. I think the fuel heat issue is an intermittent bug, but I could be wrong...I've seen it randomly occur and have to reset the panel to clear it.

6 is a FSX bug - press "Q" twice to reset the FSX sounds after switching views.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer