Sign in to follow this  
matt112r

Screenshots For September!

Second picture: The plane on the runway in the dark: Notice how an external source of light (Terminal building lights?) has cast a light on the plane from the front. Big%20Grin.gif Third picture: Notice how the underneath of the plane is lit up from the city lights below. think we have a major change in the lighting system here.

I think that Microsoft will release Flight! and its content like addon in new Windows 8 marketplace . Do you have heard about Live system integrated in Windows 8 ?!? Windows 8 will be scheduled in sept / october 12 as Generl availability.I think MS will release it at the same time. There will be no more error like FSX and Vista ... do you remember ... ? FSX was released 3 months before Vista.... It was a very problem for MS with patch for DX10 and for other bilion of things that it doesn t work....I think that MS Developer and PM of Flight are very professional and he knows what he do... ;-)I love Flight! Fabiokarijno@tin.it

The night shot is pretty bad. Ground textures look the same res as FSX and the night lighting still sucks. I hope they clean it up. Rest look pretty good.
+1look the same as FSX......don't say that....not here.....wait until Flight is release to make a statement like that cause a lot of proples did not take their prozac yet and still under the impression that Flight is in it's infancy....so if I follow their reasonning MS still have many many years to make a new engine .......

Pictures 5 and 6 look like CPU/Graphics Hogs if flights has not been optimized for todays systems. Stunning but scary when i think of the framerate drop in FSX.Picture 2 is simply amazing the pilots animation seems really nice. picture 3 nightshot has an strange feel-there feeling to it. my worry as with everyone else, is the amount of power required to render this awesome shots. I guess we won't know until the total sim is finished.

And so much to the credibility of the one spreading the rumors.
My thoughts exactly - to the circular file with that "source."

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Second picture: The plane on the runway in the dark: Notice how an external source of light (Terminal building lights?) has cast a light on the plane from the front. Big%20Grin.gif Third picture: Notice how the underneath of the plane is lit up from the city lights below. think we have a major change in the lighting system here.
Second picture: Notice the long shadows cast by the landing gear. I think that light is coming from the setting sun rather than terminal buildings although the overall scene is pretty dark if the sun is still up (casting those wheel shadows).

www.antsairplanes.com

Wonder what 10 Taxi's excuse will be now?

You need to look a little harder..... 22222222222222.png1111111111111111.png000000000000.png
I wonder what nuclear powered---super cooled---94 core beast they are using to run this one on? Whatever it is, I doubt you or I can buy one at Best Buys...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Wonder what 10 Taxi's excuse will be now? I wonder what nuclear powered---super cooled---94 core beast they are using to run this one on? Whatever it is, I doubt you or I can buy one at Best Buys...
LOL, The performance will come from offloading the CPU to the GPU like modern games, 2 cards, 3 cards or 4 cards in SLI, still you'll need a fast CPU, they will also make better use of all core (XP-10 is doing it) and if they get it right multithreading will be used also.....but like FSX if you add more stuff to it (HD scenery) you'll be taxing your system like any other game, Crysis 2 or Metro are two good examples and there is no way around it...

I think someone at Microsoft must have heard (or read) all the cammotion going on in these threads concerning 'project shutdowns' and 'lack of new screenshots' rants. The timing of these shots seem more than a coincidence considering the last shots were released in May. The boys in Redmond may read these threads more than we realize... Whistle.gif For the record I believe the person stating Flight production was on hold was trolling just to get attention to see how many would bite. HEY MICROSOFT, CAN WE GET SOME SHOTS IN OTHER PLACES BESIDES HAWAII??? THIS THING IS STARTING 'HAWAII FIVE O' SIMULATOR VERSUS A GLOBAL SIMULATOR.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The clouds are looking pretty good. 'Taxi for Ten Minute Taxi...' Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think someone at Microsoft must have heard (or read) all the cammotion going on in these threads concerning 'project shutdowns' and 'lack of new screenshots' rants. The timing of these shots seem more than a coincidence considering the last shots were released in May. The boys in Redmond may read these threads more than we realize... Whistle.gif For the record I believe the person stating Flight production was on hold was trolling just to get attention and see how many would bite. HEY MICROSOFT, CAN WE GET SOME SHOTS IN OTHER PLACES BESIDES HAWAII. THIS THING IS STARTING 'HAWAII FIVE O' SIMULATOR VERSUS A GLOBAL SIMULATOR.
That does appear to be the case...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

HEY MICROSOFT, CAN WE GET SOME SHOTS IN OTHER PLACES BESIDES HAWAII??? THIS THING IS STARTING 'HAWAII FIVE O' SIMULATOR VERSUS A GLOBAL SIMULATOR.
I can explain why all the screenies are from Hawaii. Imagine you are working for MS. Now imagine that you have to take a trip out to do some more 'research' for a showcase piece of terrain that will promo the sim? Are you going to pick Des Moines for all those research junkets you'll be taking on expenses, or Honolulu? Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.