Sign in to follow this  
matt112r

Screenshots For September!

I can explain why all the screenies are from Hawaii. Imagine you are working for MS. Now imagine that you have to take a trip out to do some more 'research' for a showcase piece of terrain that will promo the sim? Are you going to pick Des Moines for all those research junkets you'll be taking on expenses, or Honolulu? Al
Agreed.... Whistle.gif

I wish shot 6 was taken a little higher, I want to know if we'll finally have fully overcast skies? I hope they don't screw this up.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

You need to look a little harder..... 22222222222222.png1111111111111111.png000000000000.png
They look a little similar, but not the same. You're looking way to far into this. Got anything better to do than to stare at a screenshot and find repetitive clouds? Hmmm, but why is it that they have similar shapes, but not identical. Actually, real clouds do tend to have random points that look similar to the cloud next to it...LMAO.gif

Brandon Filer

They look a little similar, but not the same. You're looking way to far into this. Got anything better to do than to stare at a screenshot and find repetitive clouds? Hmmm, but why is it that they have similar shapes, but not identical. Actually, real clouds do tend to have random points that look similar to the cloud next to it...LMAO.gif
http://www.glasses4eyes.co.uk/virtual_mirror.php

It seems to me that Flight will be based on FSX. I don't find that surprising, but some were saying they expected a whole new program. Thoughts?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

It seems to me that Flight will be based on FSX. I don't find that surprising, but some were saying they expected a whole new program. Thoughts?
According to the team, they are starting over, but using elements from FSX where they are the better choice over rewriting. Some of this code is years in the making and took time to perfect, so nothing is wrong with them taking it into Flight if it works. If it didn't work, hopefully they don't use it. Big%20Grin.gif So what you said is pretty much true, although I suspect more is new than is from FSX/ESP.

Brandon Filer

According to the team, they are starting over, but using elements from FSX where they are the better choice over rewriting. Some of this code is years in the making and took time to perfect, so nothing is wrong with them taking it into Flight if it works. If it didn't work, hopefully they don't use it. Big%20Grin.gif So what you said is pretty much true, although I suspect more is new than is from FSX/ESP.
So you guys need another clue...ok here it is....look at this.... http://www.microsoft...s/flight/#news7 On the right side there is the Flight stamp on each pics and nothing on the left side.....(like FSX or else)... are you following me so far.....now you can clearely see that the scenery is the same on each pic. right or left ....so if this was a brand new engine there would be no need to compare the before and after pictures BECAUSE they will have nothing to compare with since it's all new from the ground up as MS said so no need for correction right??? (don't get me started on the "We will use what ever we see fit from FSX)..... FSX + better scenery + improving the weather system = FSX SP3 repackaged......I'm out of breath....

So you guys need another clue...ok here it is....look at this.... http://www.microsoft...s/flight/#news7 On the right side there is the Flight stamp on each pics and nothing on the left side.....(like FSX or else)... are you following me so far.....now you can clearely see that the scenery is the same on each pic. right or left ....so if this was a brand new engine there would be no need to compare the before and after pictures BECAUSE they will have nothing to compare with since it's all new from the ground up as MS said so no need for correction right??? (don't get me started on the "We will use what ever we see fit from FSX)..... FSX + better scenery + improving the weather system = FSX SP3 repackaged......I'm out of breath....
You're not getting it. They are making a point. I'll spell it out nice and simple. They want to show the difference between FSX weather and Flight weather. Doesn't matter if it's a new engine or not. They are comparing. The old weather did this, the new weather did that. They're smart enough to be able to import the old weather system if needed and use components from it/overhaul it.

Brandon Filer

You need to look a little harder..... 22222222222222.png1111111111111111.png000000000000.png
Looks damn good to me :) If we're willing to pay for the PC to run faster than a market PC...that repetition can disappear with the help of SDK. Anything you do to the software engine won’t win you that much horsepower. But hardware can…if you multiply the cloud texture library by say 16 you’d lose any repetition. I think on an average PC that would be a big sacrifice...so they need to balance permormance for now - that's a priority we asked for too ;)And no, other games are not going to draw a scene like that will substantially smaller particles...and still be playable. Actually there aren’t many games that are designed to render a scene like that...a sea of particles. Looking at the overall picture it's impressive.

Oh, that's interesting. I never saw that, where did that info come from?
It was said in the second PC Pilot that had the Flight developer's diary. A quote from the article:
We will take advantage of the expertise and existing elements from the Flight Simulator code base and architecture where it fits and adds value, but after 30 years of evolving the same code base, it's time for a fresh perspective.

Brandon Filer

You're not getting it. They are making a point. I'll spell it out nice and simple. They want to show the difference between FSX weather and Flight weather. Doesn't matter if it's a new engine or not. They are comparing. The old weather did this, the new weather did that. They're smart enough to be able to import the old weather system if needed and use components from it/overhaul it.
Hahahaha... you'r the one who's not getting it, so if they import 90% from FSX it's something new.....HELLO!!! ...they imported the weather engine, the night texture, the oversized houses +++ to work on it.....give me a break....they are fixing FSX period, no need to import anything, they are incorporating new stuff in FSX.....I'm out of breath again.....

Looks damn good to me :) If you're willing to pay for the PC to run it...that repetition can disappear with the SDK. Anything you do to the software engine won’t win you that much horsepower. But hardware can…if you multiply the cloud texture library by say 16 you’d lose any repetition. I tihnk on an average PC that would be a big sacrifice...And no, other games are not going to draw a scene like that will substantially smaller particles...and still be playable. Actually there aren’t many games that are designed to render a scene like that...a sea of particles. Looking at the overall picture it's impressive.
Not sure if I understand what you'r explaining but I think you made my point, multiplying cloud texture by 16 and you will need a GTX 580 3GB x 2 or 3 in SLI...am I right?

Oh look, there's something new on the MS Flight website. Time to rehash the old rejigged FSX versus brand new engine for Flight discussion.

www.antsairplanes.com

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.