Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Flight weather - from development team

Yes, was just looking at that. 1. The before and after shots. Looks like they have taken existing fsx code into flight then tweaked it 2. That looks so more realistic. 3. Of course if flight relies on Jeppeson weather then you'll never see high clouds and we'll still have huge holes everywhere. I really hope they fix that. 4. Also hope they take into account the change from one weather area to another. They might have great fog effect rolling into the hills but if it appears/disappears instantly, it sort of kills the effect!

Still, its not much of an improvement over FSX with ASE. It looks like the clouds are still the same FSX 2D spinning puffballs that disappear when you fly into them.

Still, its not much of an improvement over FSX with ASE. It looks like the clouds are still the same FSX 2D spinning puffballs that disappear when you fly into them.
So you can tell all this from a few screen shots?

If it looks the same it probably is the same.... this has been discussed much already in other threads. Flight is just FSX SP3
1. The before and after shots. Looks like they have taken existing fsx code into flight then tweaked it
This is exactly what they have done.

Matthew S

Bla, bla, bla, bla.............. I think that rock is calling your name again. Wonder if Tom will pay me for arguing with children. Bye all!

Flight-Low-Lying-Fog.pngsmile.png

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Bla, bla, bla, bla.............. I think that rock is calling your name again.Wonder if Tom will pay me for arguing with children. Bye all!
It's pretty obvious who the children are.

Matthew S

Yes. I can tell by looking that my FSX with ASE looks better than the weather in these pictures.

Bla, bla, bla, bla.............. I think that rock is calling your name again. Wonder if Tom will pay me for arguing with children. Bye all!
I wonder why someone who is trying to help sell a product is being publicly critical of people who are the company's core target market and calling them names. I'm a big fan of HiFi products and think you guys have great customer service but you are cetainly generating negative goodwill for the company with some of your recent comments on the Fligh forum.

I wonder why someone who is trying to help sell a product is being publicly critical of people who are the company's core target market and calling them names. I'm a big fan of HiFi products and think you guys have great customer service but you are cetainly generating negative goodwill for the company with some of your recent comments on the Fligh forum.
Indeed...
It's pretty obvious who the children are.
+1

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Yeh, bye then, Mr Holier than thou attitude.

Well I think the updates that MS have made to cloud rendering are a massive improvement, the forecast is looking brighter for Flight simulation :)

Cheers, Andy.

Jim has a point here. The 'Flight is just FSX SP3' comments are shortsighted and only intended to stir up the pot. Don't forget Jim has slightly better knowledge of software development than any of you making these narrow minded claims Talk to the Hand.gif

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.