Sign in to follow this  
leeflet

A small innaccuracy (VERY small...)

Hi - hardly worth mentioning except for the fact that NGX set the bar so incredibly high... On the forward overhead 2D depiction of the pressurization panel (VIEWS -> INSTRUMENT PANEL -> FORWARD OVERHEAD, forward corner, FO side), only one position of the L/R toggle for manual valve operation is labelled (the switch is only labelled OPEN). The CLOSE label is only visible in the VC-modelled panel. Also, I believe in the real aircraft, the position light switch toggle is reversed (switch thrown forward is STROBE AND STEADY, aft is STEADY) - but I can't recall for certain on that. So it's only 99.882% perfect. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif Lee

Signature.jpg

The lights Strobe and Steady vs. Steady switch is correct from every picture of a NG cockpit I've seen. I don't know about the outflow valve...never noticed that. Adam EDIT: I just looked through airliners.net and I would say 95 out of 100 NG's have Strobe and Steady on rear side of the panel and Steady on front side but I did see one where it looked like some sort of customer option had been exercised to have it different. I couldn't quite tell how it looked from the pic, but it was definitely different.

There's one certain airline that found it funny to reverse all switches on their classics... Long time ago. sig.gif

The strobe light switch on the NGX is correct !!
It looks like there is a customer option available to add an extra switch for the strobes by themselves making separate switches for Pos lights and Strobe lights. The strobe switch has off (aft) Auto (middle) and On (forward). And the logo light also appears to have three positions like the strobes. At least Transavia uses this configuration that I can tell from a.net. Here's the link: airliners (dot) net/photo/Transavia-Airlines/Boeing-737-8K2/1627283/L/&sid=e3cb7db7b6fe3a2f77d7024a4dda428f Adam

The strobe light switch on the NGX is correct !!
Correction !! A typical NG overhead would have " position Steady " up and" Strobe & Steady" down. Off being the middle position.In the 737 Classic's it was the other way round. FCOM Vol 2 page 30. Says the same in my KLM and Ryanair FCOM's. Fred.

Do the people who post these take some random pleasure in trying to point out where a developer set something up incorrectly? PMDG used Boeing's schematics and expertise to create this simulation of a Boeing aircraft. You'd imagine it'd be correct. Aircraft are just like cars. My old car had an 18-button information display. Others had 12. Others had none. The reason for this is different people wanted different things. Airlines are no different than individuals when purchasing, so features will be different, fleet to fleet, and sometimes aircraft to aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

Do the people who post these take some random pleasure in trying to point out where a developer set something up incorrectly? PMDG used Boeing's schematics and expertise to create this simulation of a Boeing aircraft. You'd imagine it'd be correct. Aircraft are just like cars. My old car had an 18-button information display. Others had 12. Others had none. The reason for this is different people wanted different things. Airlines are no different than individuals when purchasing, so features will be different, fleet to fleet, and sometimes aircraft to aircraft.
The strobe light thing is not incorrect at all.The whole overhead panel on an NG comes under Optional according to the FCOM's. The OP was just pointing out a slight ommision of the word Close on the Pressurization panel in 2D. I'm quite sure that PMDG would like to know about it.

I think it's okay that people post such little problems on the forums. That way, the developers can make a mental note of it to fix it if they ever get around to it. What I don't like is when people point to a small problem and the build a huge scandal on it. Of course, this is not the case here. As long as we keep things civil, everything will get sorted eventually.

Cristi Neagu

Do the people who post these take some random pleasure in trying to point out where a developer set something up incorrectly? PMDG used Boeing's schematics and expertise to create this simulation of a Boeing aircraft. You'd imagine it'd be correct.
Pleasure? No, sir. My approach to simulated flight is the same as my approach to real-life flying - steeped in the tenets of "attention to detail" I learned years ago in military flight training. It's rather ingrained and I don't suspect I'll be changing my spots anytime soon. Apparently, the PMDG development team is cut from similar cloth and in fact the designers of the simulation may appreciate the information. Reading the introductory comments in the Introduction and Use pdf is very revealing about PMDG's philosophy and hard-core approach to the most fundamental aspects of simulation. I am enclosing some screen captures to better illustrate my points: This is the PMDG 737NGX 2D pressurization panel view (missing CLOSE to the left of the toggle):2D.jpgAnd this is the corresponding VC panel view (CLOSE reappears to the left of the toggle):VC.jpgHere is the Position switch in the PMDG simulator:StrbPMDG.jpgAnd here is the switch from an actual 737-800 Airline Training Manual schematic:StrbTrng.jpg The training schematic also shows a sterile cockpit switch (labelled STERILE) immediately inboard from the logo switch and which I cropped out of view. This could be another small item not depicted in the PMDG. It is entirely possible, however, that some variants may not have the sterile cockpit switch. In other models that do not have the switch, I believe that cycling the NO SMOKING sign to signal the end of the sterile period is used to inform flight attendants instead (at least at Continental/United). While I feel confident the missing "CLOSE" label to the left of the switch in the 2D pressurization panel is a minor oversight, I am willing to stand corrected on the strobe switch - perhaps a Boeing revision or variant I am unaware of. In either case, I don't see these issues affecting safety of flight or requiring MEL paperwork.

Signature.jpg

I think it's okay that people post such little problems on the forums. That way, the developers can make a mental note of it to fix it if they ever get around to it. What I don't like is when people point to a small problem and the build a huge scandal on it. Of course, this is not the case here. As long as we keep things civil, everything will get sorted eventually.
+1 These post show the enthusiasm and attention to detail of those that have chosen to fly the PMDG 737NGX. The only stupid questions, are the one's not asked.

Pleasure? No, sir. My approach to simulated flight is the same as my approach to real-life flying - steeped in the tenets of "attention to detail" I learned years ago in military flight training. It's rather ingrained and I don't suspect I'll be changing my spots anytime soon. Apparently, the PMDG development team is cut from similar cloth and in fact the designers of the simulation may appreciate the information. Reading the introductory comments in the Introduction and Use pdf is very revealing about PMDG's philosophy and hard-core approach to the most fundamental aspects of simulation. I am enclosing some screen captures to better illustrate my points: This is the PMDG 737NGX 2D pressurization panel view (missing CLOSE to the left of the toggle And this is the corresponding VC panel view (CLOSE reappears to the left of the toggle): Here is the Position switch in the PMDG simulator: And here is the switch from an actual 737-800 Airline Training Manual schematic: The training schematic also shows a sterile cockpit switch (labelled STERILE) immediately inboard from the logo switch and which I cropped out of view. This could be another small item not depicted in the PMDG. It is entirely possible, however, that some variants may not have the sterile cockpit switch. In other models that do not have the switch, I believe that cycling the NO SMOKING sign to signal the end of the sterile period is used to inform flight attendants instead (at least at Continental/United). While I feel confident the missing "CLOSE" label to the left of the switch in the 2D pressurization panel is a minor oversight, I am willing to stand corrected on the strobe switch - perhaps a Boeing revision or variant I am unaware of. In either case, I don't see these issues affecting safety of flight or requiring MEL paperwork.
Has it occurred to you that not all NGs are equal? ie Some have no logo switches at all. Some do. Etc etc. I appreciate you taking the time to stare at panels all day spotting differences, I do. And I appreciate the time some customers take to find inaccuracies, but my gut tells me these aren't inaccuracies. The NGX is just modeled from a particular N-number.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Has it occurred to you that not all NGs are equal?
Yes - I thought I said that...
I am willing to stand corrected on the strobe switch - perhaps a Boeing revision or variant I am unaware of.
I'll just move on with the assumption that this in fact IS a variant and leave it at that. I can see why you might think so based on my post, but I really don't stare at panels all day. I happened to be doing a procedure that involved moving the pressurization valve switch to CLOSE and Worried.gif noticed that there was no CLOSE. I just found that odd and perhaps worth sharing with the forum here.

Signature.jpg

I must have missed that for everything else.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Lol. Again I appreciate the time spent, I was just adding my two cents.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules