Sign in to follow this  
leeflet

A small innaccuracy (VERY small...)

For all the strobe light nitpickers - this is a photo from the actual aircraft we had access to: ngx_lights.jpg We did NOT set out to model every available option on this airplane. There are literally thousands of them that exist, a lot of them aftermarket (ie done by the airline itself, not by Boeing). What we tried to do were a handful of the most common ones that tend to actually affect operation of the airplane. (ie HGS present vs. not, fail operational vs. fail passive autoland, EFIS/MAP vs. PFD/ND etc) If an airline wants us to model their exact layout 100% (which could involve changing models, textures, and systems programming) then we can talk to their training department about what that would take to do cost-wise but we are not going to get into trying to add every single real world option to the general release of the airplane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This is a screenshot of the copilot side and his bright control knobs for DUs. The knobs work perfectly, the labels are inverted.immaginekdf.jpg Sorry, the image was taken through my netbook (I'm writing from it) connected via VNC to the main PC of my home.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

ngx_lights.jpg
The apparent wear pattern around the strobe switch is interesting. It gets far more use than the other switches on that sub panel. It has always struck me as inconsistent, that to turn the strobes ON, the switch has to be put into the UP position, where the UP position is OFF for the other light functions. Maybe this is why some airlines have different switch configuration options here. ? To me, it would be more logical to keep OFF as UP, then Center = Position Steady, and fully DOWN, = Position + STROBE ON. ie The more DOWN=ON you go, the more you turn on. But it is what it is, and one learns to deal with it ...

Excellent job on the B737 NGX guys. Just a little thing I noticed. When starting the APU with the ships battery the battery drain was showing -255 the whole time of the start cycle, in actual fact in the real ones it starts off with a fair amount higher drain and gradually drops off the a lot less near the end of the apu start cycle. Just little things if wanting to model the systems more accurately. Michael

Excellent job on the B737 NGX guys. Just a little thing I noticed. When starting the APU with the ships battery the battery drain was showing -255 the whole time of the start cycle, in actual fact in the real ones it starts off with a fair amount higher drain and gradually drops off the a lot less near the end of the apu start cycle. Just little things if wanting to model the systems more accurately. Michael
Add that there is no current drain from the AC GEN1 if starting APU in AC...

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The apparent wear pattern around the strobe switch is interesting. It gets far more use than the other switches on that sub panel. It has always struck me as inconsistent, that to turn the strobes ON, the switch has to be put into the UP position, where the UP position is OFF for the other light functions. Maybe this is why some airlines have different switch configuration options here. ? To me, it would be more logical to keep OFF as UP, then Center = Position Steady, and fully DOWN, = Position + STROBE ON. ie The more DOWN=ON you go, the more you turn on. But it is what it is, and one learns to deal with it ...
Here here, I agree completely. It is what it is, but it is just plain stupid the way Boeing has the Strobe light orientation, it's very counter intuitive.