Sign in to follow this  
Houghton11

J41 SP2 Status

Over in the quiet turboprop forum there's a bit of a group just asking what's the status on SP2 for the J41. It was mentioned in a couple posts many moons ago just looking for a bit of a response. Not sure if you guys had been in there in a bit so I thought I'd throw it in the General forum.

I would assume the SP for the NGX would be the most important, than the JS within the next few months.

Funny how the NGX can come out 5 lightyears after the J41 and still get the SP. tongue.png
There's absolutely nothing major preventing people from flying the J41 - it's cosmetic tweaks and stuff like that that will be in the SP. The NGX most definitely takes precedence when there's still freezes and activation issues happening to people, yes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can you turn the J41 into a Dash 8?? :)

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

There's absolutely nothing major preventing people from flying the J41 - it's cosmetic tweaks and stuff like that that will be in the SP. The NGX most definitely takes precedence when there's still freezes and activation issues happening to people, yes.
Not saying its a bad thing, I am quite happy with the J41 as it is. No problems that I have found even though I haven't flown it since I got the NGX.

Ryan, The main issue with the JS41 is the texture flickering that a lot of people are experiencing. In my view it makes the aircraft un-flyable so it is more than just a few tweaks. I even changed my Graphics card and upgraded my system to run FSX to try and get rid of the dreaded flickering. It is the only aircraft that I have experienced this with, please tell me the issue is being addressed. Just look at the Turboprops area you will see a whole stream of people that have commmented on the problem

Dave Boreham

That issue is caused by the icing and raindrop polygons on the VC window breaking a limit inside FSX. Turn the VC model to medium in the config manager and it'll go away. The rain effect will likely being removed in the SP, it's just too much for the sim to handle.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Will the ATC sound be louder? i almost can't here ATC voice.

Real Deraps

Ryan, I tried it but still had the problem, I will give it another go and see what happens. I look forward to the SP and I accept that getting people experiencing problems that stop them enjoying the NGX has to be a priority. We that are enjoying the NGX without issue and have experienced problems with the JS41 know the feeling.

Dave Boreham