Sign in to follow this  
spilok

A2A Warplanes. What do you think?

I'm just happy that they keep making planes of ground-breaking quality. The only thing that tempts my wallet these days is a step jump in fidelity: like the A2A Spit, or the PMDG 737NG. But even these, awesome achievements they may be, don't match the DCS A-10c, either in graphics or system modelling, I guess because of the limitations in FSX. Transcending the limitations of FSX is where the gold is; like the recently released Shade for example. Cheers, Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I kind of agree with the first poster. Military aircraft do not fit in my "virtual life" in FSX. If I want to fly from A to B, I fly a GA single or twin, if I want to do aerobatics, there's the RealAir Decathlon and other aerobatic planes that are more nimble. Warbirds aren't really ideal for those things. I do have the A2A Cub and think it's one of the best, most immersive and detailed aircraft for FS, perfect for short hops or flightseeing. I would love to see more small, detailed GA singles from A2A. On the other hand, other developers have already modeled almost every Cessna, Beechcraft and Piper in existence - you can get everything from the Cessna 120 to the latest C182 with the glass cockpit to the Beechcraft Turbine Duke and any number of corporate jets, so I don't know what aircraft they should model.. I guess that's why they went with warbirds.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm just happy that they keep making planes of ground-breaking quality. The only thing that tempts my wallet these days is a step jump in fidelity: like the A2A Spit, or the PMDG 737NG. But even these, awesome achievements they may be, don't match the DCS A-10c, either in graphics or system modelling, I guess because of the limitations in FSX. Transcending the limitations of FSX is where the gold is; like the recently released Shade for example. Cheers, Noel.
+1 The DCS A-10C Is the most incredible immersive flight sim I've ever experienced,And they're not done.

An accusimmed up DC-3 would be amazing
+1000000000000 Please A2A team!! Praying.gifDrooling.gifBig%20Grin.gif Edit: And to stay on topic, I have all A2A Accusim and I don't know wich one I like more. All of them are amazing!!

Mauricio Brentano

This is why I buy A2A warbirds..

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

great video. Thank you for sharing Did you make it with FS recorder? LOL.gif I would like an A2A DC3 too. But in the meantime for those who want a challenging DC3 in the A2A fashion, you can try the DC3 C available for free from the FS captain website. Every system is modelled. You can have pilot induced failures or random failures at a saclable level. True ,the VC is below today 's standards but you have to monitor all your systems all the time and fly by the book or you face consequences. if you add the great FS captain program (payware) it makes a fantastic combination!

Another good choice for those bemoaning the lack of an AccuSim DC-3 is the Flight 1/UIVER DC-2, which does model engine damage if you don't fly it right. Let those engines overheat and you'll have two engine fires on your hands, especially since it doesn't have the cooling gills it's bigger sister had. Not sure the DC-2 was ever much of a warplane, so it's a bit off topic, but it is a good one to have. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

No credit to me - the video is by "auld", YankeeGolf - hundreds of individual videos on all kinds of aircraft from all over the world. He does a fine job.. Isn't is just a great display of the Spitfire?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest jahman
Another good choice for those bemoaning the lack of an AccuSim DC-3 is the Flight 1/UIVER DC-2, which does model engine damage if you don't fly it right. Let those engines overheat and you'll have two engine fires on your hands, especially since it doesn't have the cooling gills it's bigger sister had. Not sure the DC-2 was ever much of a warplane, so it's a bit off topic, but it is a good one to have. Al
There's also a nice DC-3 from MAAM-SIM. An A2A Accu-Simmed DC-7 would also be nice... Cheers, - jahman.