Sign in to follow this  
DarkHorse

Before I Reinstall EVERYTHING!

G'Day Crew, Just wanted to confirm my problems before I reinstall everything. I ask for your professional help and comments, please! Original FSX installed on Win7 Pro, but under default folder/setup WITHOUT admin rights. Installed 737NGX, with everything seem to be ok but........................ Cannot save panel state. Cannot save aircraft setup/changes. Only shows defaults of both. Sick of changing everything each startup. Will also have to install Orbx Terrain etc. Regards, Rob Ricketts P.S. 737NGX was a LOOOOONGGG time coming but well worth it, well done. As a current Training Captain on the 737NG it is an amazing simulator!!

i run under default folder no issues but I have turned off user access control and, are you getting any errors in FSX, I also pushed down full control to my flight sim folder for my user account

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I think you know exactly where your problem is! "...installed on Win7 Pro, but under default folder/setup WITHOUT admin rights ............" Try installing in a separate root folder (e.g. c:/FSX) or on a completely separate drive or partition.

HI george, mine runs ok and is in x86,what would i gain by moving my microsoft flight sim x folder to C/FSX and how would you do it? thanks georgejames.

Before reinstalling everything, go to the ngx folder in fsx & check the properties on all the aircraft.cfg's to make sure they're not set to read-only.@James: c:/program files(x86)/ has different permissions rules than the rest of the hard drive which can sometimes lead to problems. The only way to safely move it is to uninstall fsx & reinstall it in a different location.

Thanks ,so if mine is working fine in x86 should i leave it there?and what problems would i encounter if it was not?thanksjames.

Thanks ,so if mine is working fine in x86 should i leave it there?and what problems would i encounter if it was not?thanksjames.
Mainly files not being updated/changed. It can affect settings or installation of an add-on because windows may not let it change a given file. But yes, if it's working ok where it is I'd leave it there (be sure to run it as admin). Just stick all that in the back of your mind for now. If you ever reinstall it, or install it on a new machine, it's good practice to put it somewhere like c:/fsx or a different hd/partition.