Sign in to follow this  

Morning guys, As you do, you always find yourself tweaking around trying to improve things that little bit more, so my question to u pro's is would i see much improvent by overclocking my 580. Its a gigabyte gtx 1.5gb and at stock clocks 772 mhz. I am happy with perf but i do like to push things a little further, so would it be worth it? BTW, i only have stock cooler for the card. Cheers guys, i'd be greatfull for your opinions

Chris Howard

Gigabyte ones have a 3 fan layout right? If they do then I would recommend getting two pieces of software. MSI Afterburner and Furmark. What you should do is start increasing the frequency by about 10MHz and testing on Furmark. If you see any foreign objects, you can either bring back the frequency or increase the voltage. Bear in mind that a GPU OC will do very little for FSX.

Ok, thanks Andrew i think i will leave it alone then as it wont have much effect on fsx, just thought i'd ask.

Chris Howard