Sign in to follow this  
dogs53

Altitude Callouts in VC view not working

Hello... I recently downloaded an aircraft for FSX using hs748altcall in the Panel.cfg file.. It seems to work OK in the 2D view, but not in the VC view.. Any ideas? Thanks Bob

Try moving the callout gauge from the 2D panel listing to the VCockpit gauge listing. It will still be available to the 2D panels, and will work in the VC too. Hope this helps,

Thanks.. That worked. There were actually 2 VCockpit gauge listings.. one in VCockpit 2 and one in VCockpit 3.. so I copied the file into both, also leaving it in the regular file that it was in. Any problems with this approach? And two followup questions..1. Do you know how to make the callouts a little bit louder as I can barely hear them above the engines?2. When clicking on the Overhead panel view in VC, I get the little circle meaning that the file can't be located (I think).. Since the issue with the callouts was fixed by moving into the VCockpit area.. any ideas here as this might be a similar problem.... Thanks again for your outstanding help... Bob

The more times you add a gauge, the greater the chance that it can cause problems. Once should be enough, in either of the VC sections. To make them louder there might be a slider for Cockpit in the Options/Settings/Sound section, I don't know. You could also reduce the slider for the engines, to make the callouts louder by comparison. If not, you probably would have to edit the wav files. You would have to check the panel.cfg file for the name of the overhead panel BMP file, and then make sure it was present in that panel's folder. Hope this helps,

Thanks Tom.. are you saying that I should delete the gauge in one of the Vcockpit files? Or since it is working well, could I just leave it as it is? And as for the OH panel. [Window05] has file=Overhead.bmp, then some other info and about 12 gauges in it... are you saying that I should copy those into the VCockpit area.. or just put "file=Overhead.bmp" in there (w/o quotes)... thanks Bob

Gauges that are in a [VcockpitXX] section are always available whether the VC is in view or not. One instance of the gauge in the VC is sufficient for the entire panel. I'm pretty sure Tom meant for you to verify that the Overhead.bmp is in the panel folder and the panel.cfg "file=" line for it under [Window05] and bitmap name are identical.It will not be a View incorporated into the VC, just a seperate pop-up 2D Window...Don