Sign in to follow this  
Glenn66

ngx on windows 8 beta ?

ngx on windows 8 beta ? i get "run out of memory" after install ngx on win7 64 bit... now i think maybe i should try win8. some one think that work ? Glenn Heranger

my spec is: i7930 Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit 12GB DDR3 1333 raptor 320 gb sata 3 h70 cooler evga gtx570 glenn h

I didn't even realize there was a beta version of Windows 8 out yet...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

well ,its not much more advanced than the current win 7 (from the core and stuff).. however, there is an OOM patch somewhere for fsx

It's not beta. It's very early preview. I don't think there are even dedicated drivers for the GPU and other hardware.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

"The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will... "When Microsoft says it's bad, it's baaaad...

HAHAHAHAHA That did make me laugh!! The NGX has major issues with Windows 7 so an Alpha or beta version of Win 8 you are just asking for more trouble That was funny LOL.gif

ngx on windows 8 beta ? i get "run out of memory" after install ngx on win7 64 bit...now i think maybe i should try win8. some one think that work ? Glenn Heranger
You already have issues - otherwise you wouldn't be getting OOM's on Win7 x64. Why in the world would you want to port them to an usupported/pre alpha operating system? Even MS won't give you support and I'd be amazed if PMDG did. Spend your time figuring out what's wrong with your setup instead. DJ

Personally I would avoid using anything from Microshaft until at least service pack 1 ! I run FSX on 64bit Win 7 ion an overclocked I7920 at 3.8ghz stable) with 11gb of add-ons, settings turned up high and I still get 25-20fps from the NGX. Ifd you getting ooms there are some things you could try. Check you fsx.cfg folder and look at the graphics section to see if you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 - if you don't open FSC.cfg in edit mode in notepad (run it as adminstrator) and add the line. Some suggestions The first thing to recognise is that FSX is a 32bit aplication so it is incapable of using more that 3.5gb of RAM howver many memory modules you install on your PC. In order to manage memory effectively in FSX ypu have to make friends with FSX.cfg file and the your FSX seetings. If you are not happy editing your config file 'in tghe raw' you can download a utilty called TweakFS http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools_module.php You could also check the buffer pool settings and reject threshold. I use this but I run with a Nvidia GTX 570 card which I have overclocked.(also stable) [bufferpools]PoolSize=8000000RejectThreshold=131072UsePools=1 If you have a powerfull graphics card you can offload some of the processing from the CPU to the card by setting use pools to 0 (i.e. turning them off). running fsx with w unlimited frames but if you gfo down this route you need to set up an external frame limiter to lock your frames to between 30-40 or will get memory problems. If you are still getting ooms check your add-ons. If you use AES there are memory leak problems - particularly if you are flying from an AES enabled airport to an non-AES airport. Other memory hogs are traffic settings in FSX, tool tips and 'aircraft casts shadows oin itself' good luck

I don't why ppl seems to think that NGX problems are related Windows 7 problem when they are not, if you mess around with Win7 files and the UIAutomation.dll and all the the uselss FSX tweaks youre going to get problems, I've had the orginal NGX on my Win7 install and I have ZERO problems, ever, with anything!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Win 7 64bit working good with FSX.. Im using it for years and no major problem indeed. Just make to run as administrator and set compatibility as XP SP2.

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Yes all, please be careful !!! This is PRE- beta software. I would recommend a complete system backup image be created to another hard drive prior to making a clean install of pre-beta Win8. And don't forget to make a startup disk!!! Loser.gif