Sign in to follow this  
Darwinian

FSCaptain

Hello, Can anyone confirm they are using the NGX with FSCaptain and having no problems. I'm looking to replace FSPassengers with something a little more realistic and this is the best i could find Mike

Hello, Can anyone confirm they are using the NGX with FSCaptain and having no problems. I'm looking to replace FSPassengers with something a little more realistic and this is the best i could find Mike
You can try it if you want, this is from website: The free version of FSCaptain is fully functional and not limited in any way except for operations must be conducted from three airports located in the pacific northwest of the USA. The registration code which you purchase simply removes this restriction. You can evaluate the program at no expense risk-free for as long as you like.

I have tried demo and didnt`t like it. Perhaps due to what I am member of FSPax fanclub ;) FSCap has a zillion settings and someone can say it can be configurated exactly. As for me in many respects they are redundant in contrast to the laconic and perfect style of FSpaxbtw Hope Dan Polli is all right no matter where he is and I thank him for his work each time when start FSPax.

I've been using FSCaptain with the NGX for quite awhile now and have had no problems. I don't let it do the loading, but rather "simulate" the loading while I manually set the fuel and payload to the specified amounts in the NGX CDU (these are options in FSCaptain to configure). Seems to work fine doing it's own loading also, but I prefer to manually do it. The passenger counts between the NGX's CDU and FSCaptain won't equal out though...manually loaded or otherwise (as long as the weights are good). I could have something misconfigured in the weight stuff as I'm still a relatively new FSCaptain user, but it hasn't affected anything at all...so long as I have 3 green "ready" signals in FSCaptain when I commit, it's all good. Some minor oddities I've noticed, perhaps due to possible misconfiguration on my part, is that I'll get "busted" on airspeed under 10k when it's around 251kts, plus transition altitude callouts in FSCaptain aren't matching up with what's going on in the NGX...the FO's usually very late on the call....long after I've gone to STD per the NGX's indicated altitude. Those are minor quibbles though; it's been going great otherwise.

I am very satisfied with FsCaptain . IT is working great with 737-ngx. I also with FsPax.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I successfully used FSCaptain with the LVLD for a long time. Great program for the immersion factor. I wanted to get quite comfortable with the NGX b4 I installed FSCaptain and iron out all the 'freeze' issues first. I believe I am there now. Time to add FSCaptain to my NGX. Should be great. JP

thanks for the info guys, any performance hits ?
Never had any noticeable hit to FPS. At all.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

thanks for the info guys, any performance hits ?
None that I've noticed except perhaps a slight stutter as the FCOM window opens, but it doesn't impact the flight. That's probably more as a result of my lowly system than anything else though. ;)

Anyone managed to configure weights to be same with NGX weights? I know about supress payload options, but I would like to find setting for NGX

think i might try this FSCaptain . A lot of people are saying good things about it . Was gonna try fspax but after a browse of there forum it looks like its dead now .

Does it work networked via wide fs ? Been thinking of getting it (FSCapt)Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

FSCaptain sure sounds interesting. But I can't find info for compatibility with FS2Crew. Considering B. York will bring it to us (FS2Crew) as soons as SDK is out, what would you guys suggest? Can boths programs live together or not? Anybody tried running FSCaptain with any of the previous FS2crew releases (J41 or Ifly)??

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I moved from FSPax to FSCaptain, i loved FSpassengers but i am/was increasingly frustrated with the lack of ongoing development; the developer is never around, he has health problems but i believe that development has ceased. Having said that, it is a good product that never caused issues for me. FSCaptain is very similar, but doesn't have the economic side, something i thought i'd miss, but actually i prefer both the style and substance over FSP. As already stated, you can use it with the NGX by disabling the autoload feature and just simulating the load. I have never been able to get the weights to marry up between the programs, but can get them into the green zone so it's useable, never had any problems with the passenger side. Development is ongoing and the developer seems to respond to requests for changes. I find the first officer rather annoying, the callouts do not match the NGX call outs at all, you can disable the first officer and the cabin crew. It (like FSP) requires a resonably comprehensive setup of the aircraft, the stock 738 does not match the data for the PMDG NGX so you have to edit a file and understand things like the fuel flow etc... Really though you need to try it for yourself, download the package and use from any of the airports that are in the demo.

Ian R Tyldesley

FSCaptain is very similar, but doesn't have the economic side
actually, it has economic side, you get paid for flight depending on the your level(flights hours etc). It can be configured for use with VA, including those who have financial system, you must pay your attention on fuel consumption, cost index, arrivals on time etc.FSC still not perfect, but is in development

actually, it has economic side, you get paid for flight depending on the your level(flights hours etc). It can be configured for use with VA, including those who have financial system, you must pay your attention on fuel consumption, cost index, arrivals on time etc.FSC still not perfect, but is in development
To be more exact, you do not buy and sell aircraft within FScaptain like you do in FSP, nor do you set the ticket price etc... I agree that it is still in development, as i stated, i moved from FSP to FSCaptain, while there are things i would change, at the present time it has far more scope for development and improvment than FSP.

Ian R Tyldesley