Sign in to follow this  
E6BAV8R

FS9/FSX New Build on Budget

AMD rig becasue it can be oc'd especially with that mobo.LOL.gif
I forgot to add that I don't plan on OC'ing it.

Do you have anything already existing cos an upgrade would probably be better. A Pentium and 5670, FSX will chew em both up and you'll be wondering where they went.

Do you have anything already existing cos an upgrade would probably be better. A Pentium and 5670, FSX will chew em both up and you'll be wondering where they went.
You think FSX would still chew up the AMD Quad-Core and 5670? If so, I'll just go with the Intel set-up and stick with FS9. I was only considering the Quad-Core if it would run FSX adequately.
What do you figure these rigs will cost each?
Each set-up, separately, is ~$250.00 @ newegg.com.

You think FSX would still chew up the AMD Quad-Core and 5670? If so, I'll just go with the Intel set-up and stick with FS9. I was only considering the Quad-Core if it would run FSX adequately. Each set-up, separately, is ~$250.00 @ newegg.com.
lol, AMD is a useless brand and always wasted money of gamers, the amd quad core = one core of sandybridge (maybe), VirginAus737 said it correct, the pentium or amd and 5670 would be smashed and smoke will come out of your pc. You want to play FS9, right? Even for it both the setups are not sufficient at max settings or high settings.Seriously, i7 920 and GTS 450 at least

lol, AMD is a useless brand and always wasted money of gamers, the amd quad core = one core of sandybridge (maybe), VirginAus737 said it correct, the pentium or amd and 5670 would be smashed and smoke will come out of your pc. You want to play FS9, right? Even for it both the setups are not sufficient at max settings or high settings.Seriously, i7 920 and GTS 450 at least
Why compare an Athlon X4 to a SB , SB is miles ahead of that and the state of the art technology. And comparing two different architectures older and newer does not make sense at all. FS9 will run well on the Athlon X4. Fsx you may not be able to set full settings but to mid to mid-high. Games run pretty well on the AMD's.
I forgot to add that I don't plan on OC'ing it.
Intel will work well with FSX/FS9 but you have to see what Intel cpu (SB) fits in your budget (Oc'ing will beneficial) , I would suggest a minimum of HD 5770 / 450. But if you go for a 2500k than 560ti or a 6990. If the intel is not in your budget than the alternate will be a Phenom X4 it is decent and if you get a BE you will be able to increase the multiplier.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Why compare an Athlon X4 to a SB , SB is miles ahead of that and the state of the art technology. And comparing two different architectures older and newer does not make sense at all. FS9 will run well on the Athlon X4. Fsx you may not be able to set full settings but to mid to mid-high. Games run pretty well on the AMD's. Intel will work well with FSX/FS9 but you have to see what Intel cpu (SB) fits in your budget (Oc'ing will beneficial) , I would suggest a minimum of HD 5770 / 450. But if you go for a 2500k than 560ti or a 6990. If the intel is not in your budget than the alternate will be a Phenom X4 it is decent and if you get a BE you will be able to increase the multiplier.
Either of those options are ones I am looking to purchase. And as stated before, I am on a limited budget. Being that FS9 doesn't recognize multiple cores, do you still think the AMD X4 would run it well? I would like to upgrade to FSX but I just don't think either of those builds would run it well. I might as well stick with FS9 and run it on high settings. Do you think either the Intel SB or AMD X4 optioned above would run FS9 better?

Either of those options are ones I am looking to purchase. And as stated before, I am on a limited budget. Being that FS9 doesn't recognize multiple cores, do you still think the AMD X4 would run it well? I would like to upgrade to FSX but I just don't think either of those builds would run it well. I might as well stick with FS9 and run it on high settings. Do you think either the Intel SB or AMD X4 optioned above would run FS9 better?
If you looking to upgrade later to fsx than I would suggest the SB i5 2500k , fs needs clock speeds. What configuration do you have atm ?

If you looking to upgrade later to fsx than I would suggest the SB i5 2500k , fs needs clock speeds. What configuration do you have atm ?
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ATI AIW X800XT 256MBASRock 939Dual SATA2 ATX MotherboardKingston HyperX 2GB PC3500 cool.png I currently run FS9 on low-mid settings in complex aircraft (PMDG, Level-D, etc...). The PC is about 7 years old. The good thing about the Intel SB option is that I can still upgrade to an i7 2600K into this same MB when the time comes. The reason I don't want to spend a lot of money now is because I don't game much, and when I do it is generally older games. Therefore, it just isn't worth it for me to shell out hundreds on PC parts.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ATI AIW X800XT 256MBASRock 939Dual SATA2 ATX MotherboardKingston HyperX 2GB PC3500 cool.png I currently run FS9 on low-mid settings in complex aircraft (PMDG, Level-D, etc...). The PC is about 7 years old. The good thing about the Intel SB option is that I can still upgrade to an i7 2600K into this same MB when the time comes. The reason I don't want to spend a lot of money now is because I don't game much, and when I do it is generally older games. Therefore, it just isn't worth it for me to shell out hundreds on PC parts.
The SB which have listed in your post would run FS9 well.

The SB which have listed in your post would run FS9 well.
Do you think it would run FS9 on High settings? Would the SB run it better than the AMD X4? Thanks for your input.

Do you think it would run FS9 on High settings? Would the SB run it better than the AMD X4? Thanks for your input.
SB is a powerful series of CPU's, Athlon X4 is not comparable to it.