Sign in to follow this  
E6BAV8R

FS9/FSX New Build on Budget

AMD is not completely useless. There are some good AMD chips out there. FSX though, still chews up my 2500k at 4.7GHz and the GTX 570. I dont think there would be many computers in the world that can run FSX maxed out with addons.

SB is a powerful series of CPU's, Athlon X4 is not comparable to it.
Thanks for the help. I suppose I'll be heading towards Intel then. Otherwise, do you think the Intel set-up will all fit together nicely?

I dont know if you count SB Pentiums as a powerful chip.
They may not be as powerful as the i's but does it not use the SB technology. Infact the X4 will run FS9 well too.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks for the help. I suppose I'll be heading towards Intel then. Otherwise, do you think the Intel set-up will all fit together nicely?
You have to check which is the best board for your cpu and what is the OC facility in the board and also a future upgrade. But the X4 should run FS9 well. I use an athlon X3 for fsx. if you can wait a day so that I could installl fs9 on my system and tell you the performance.

They may not be as powerful as the i's but does it not use the SB technology. Infact the X4 will run FS9 well too.
I am sure they would use all the architecture, just IMO, you'd be better off with a AMD quad core. I dont know the AMD lineup very well so maybe i am wrong.

I am sure they would use all the architecture, just IMO, you'd be better off with a AMD quad core. I dont know the AMD lineup very well so maybe i am wrong.
Yes he may be better off on the AMD quad but he is planning to upgrade later so he can use FSx and currently the only upgrade to the athlon is the Phenom as the bulldozer is still not launched. He says the board supports all SB babes so in future he can upgrade to a 2500k.

I would save for a bit longer cos wasting whatever it is on a Pentium, err, FSX will not like you.
haha he is not going to run FSX on the Pentium it will be FS9 , FSX will be on the later upgrade. Damn that SB is a Pentium ? Where does it show ?

Well the Pentiums that fit the 1155 socket are a SandyBridge. Doesn't mean they are any good. Oh and sorry, should be reading over topics so I know which sim its for.

AMD is not completely useless. There are some good AMD chips out there. FSX though, still chews up my 2500k at 4.7GHz and the GTX 570. I dont think there would be many computers in the world that can run FSX maxed out with addons.
naah, my previous AMD Phenom II x4 945 was a completely useless CPU, FSX totally ******** it and everytime I played it, even on low settings I get BSOD, also AMD stock coolers are ****, idling around 50-55 degree celsius, And finally when I opened the case to see whats wrong, that bloody heavy heatsink went half black and when I displaced it, an odorless smoke came out and made me blind for a while, the heatsink feel and destroyed my graphics card and that useless AM3 socket. Moreover, I tried consulting a mechanic, he said that why the heck you got an AMD CPU, they are useless, many people are having poor performance and overheating issues with that brand. Intel is the best, no issues so far with my sandybridge, runs cool and quiet and miles faster than Retard Mega Devices (other name of AMD).

I don't usually do this but I will stand for AMD. I struggle to take credible info from you about computers after you bought yourself a 2600k for a H67, still makes me laugh. AMD is not always that good but comparing a SB Pentium to a quad core CPU with @ 3.2GHz. Not right. Pentiums are the lowest you can get with Intel and this mid range AMD CPU would actually be alright.

I struggle to take credible info from you about computers after you bought yourself a 2600k for a H67, still makes me laugh.
Ah, sorry, I forgot to change my signature, i just threw that motherboard away, I got it for HD 3000, no need to laugh, but now I think that it is really necessary to overclock the fastest processor in this world (this is what made me buy that mobo), now I have AUS P8Z68-V pro and Corsair h70.

Err no need to brag about what isn't the fastest CPU in the world. A 990X still takes that position as a retail CPU and the 3960X will smash it. i want to do a motherboard change, be like building the PC all over again. Ivy Bridge, here i come. when it comes out.

naah, my previous AMD Phenom II x4 945 was a completely useless CPU, FSX totally ******** it and everytime I played it, even on low settings I get BSOD, also AMD stock coolers are ****, idling around 50-55 degree celsius, And finally when I opened the case to see whats wrong, that bloody heavy heatsink went half black and when I displaced it, an odorless smoke came out and made me blind for a while, the heatsink feel and destroyed my graphics card and that useless AM3 socket. Moreover, I tried consulting a mechanic, he said that why the heck you got an AMD CPU, they are useless, many people are having poor performance and overheating issues with that brand. Intel is the best, no issues so far with my sandybridge, runs cool and quiet and miles faster than Retard Mega Devices (other name of AMD).
Tripathi, I have been an extensive user of AMD's and have never had a problem with them honestly not to say that I am comparing AMD with Intel it's like comparing a Ferrarri with a Maruti Suzuki, AMD is bang for the buck a cheaper solution to performance. The mechanic will always say that AMD's are useless and heat up , the only heating issue with an AMD CPU was the Duron series horrible i have blown four of them (brand new ones) on the first day. There was I think the k6 series a 450 Mhz which was not so good. But since the Athlon series there are no heating problems and yes the stock coolers are bad. No denying that Intel is always on top. I have said this before FSX is a different ball game. And if the budget is low than the Phenom's are a good choice.