Sign in to follow this  
Ben Morton

Short Field Package

What does the short field package actually do to the performance of the aircraft? Tried it several times but i am not sure what i should be looking for? I am currently on a Round the World expedition with my NGX and will be needing some short field help in the coming legs. Any ideas? My RTW journey is about 95 legs in total.

What does the short field package actually do to the performance of the aircraft? Tried it several times but i am not sure what i should be looking for? I am currently on a Round the World expedition with my NGX and will be needing some short field help in the coming legs. Any ideas? My RTW journey is about 95 legs in total.
Ben Morton (better now)

Also, there is a very cool search function. I found at least 2 threats called "short field package"

Beside the fact that you two characters is playing sheriff, instead of helping the guy, I'm going to give him some information... SFPs characteristics are described in the documentation provided by PMDG together with the software, please refer to that for complete list of modifications. 737-800SFP is intended to be able to land/takeoff in extremely short runways. The shortest runway that a 737 can operate in the world is my home airport: SBRJ. Another good (a little longer than SBRJ) short runway is SBSP. You'll be pleased to land on both, but be patient if you make 3 or 4 missed approaches on SBRJ. It's hard to land there without practice.

Beside the fact that you two characters is playing sheriff, instead of helping the guy, I'm going to give him some information... SFPs characteristics are described in the documentation provided by PMDG together with the software, please refer to that for complete list of modifications. 737-800SFP is intended to be able to land/takeoff in extremely short runways. The shortest runway that a 737 can operate in the world is my home airport: SBRJ. Another good (a little longer than SBRJ) short runway is SBSP. You'll be pleased to land on both, but be patient if you make 3 or 4 missed approaches on SBRJ. It's hard to land there without practice.
Playing "sheriff" or just letting a first time poster know the rules here. Or better just just following rules; really the only rule here! *Cough* Witch doesn't even seam your following the FULL par of that rule. I guess rules are meant to be broken by most, nothing new there.

Gabriel I been meaning to ask you. Whats the Max Takeoff Weight for 737-800s at SBRJ?
That SHOULD NOT be above 68.000 kg for DRY operation (way below the MTOW), but you have to observe some restrictions: - No aircraft operates there with full tank. Most of time, it's around 20% to 40%.- ALWAYS must be selected 27K BUMP T/O Thrust.- MAXIMUM of 44ºC for Assumed T/O Temp- "Rolling Takeoff" is not allowed.- Flaps 15º or 25º is allowed but 15º has the best performance, especially after takeoff when you must climb immediately to the left to avoid the Sugar Loaf (1336 feet) ahead.- NO GO for tail winds above 5kt.- NO GO for RWYs 20R/02L. You must T/O and Land on RWYs 20L/02R. For T/O on WET conditions, it should be, if I can remember, 64 MT. But the real number must be within 2 MT +/-. For LANDING, you must not be above 58,2 MT for both DRY/WET and must set the AutoBrake MAX, and the temperature must not be above 40ºC. Just ask me if you have any other doubt! I'd be glad to help you.
Playing "sheriff" or just letting a first time poster know the rules here. Or better just just following rules; really the only rule here! *Cough* Witch doesn't even seam your following the FULL par of that rule. I guess rules are meant to be broken by most, nothing new there.
He had to agree with the rules prior to acess this forum. It's not your responsability.

He had to agree with the rules prior to acess this forum. It's not your responsability.
Look it is the only break these guys get from counting their paper clips .. .. Don't go ruining their fun, even if it is tedious in the extreme for everyone else. G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Rocky NGX and the paper clips !! I think the lead guitarist's name is Jimmy " short field package " Henderson. LOL.gif
INDEED!!! hahahahaha Rocky NGX Sheriffs and the paper clips! LMAO.gif

Gabriel, Is all the information you provided on SFP on the PMDG documentation? Obrigado!

That SHOULD NOT be above 68.000 kg for DRY operation (way below the MTOW), but you have to observe some restrictions: - No aircraft operates there with full tank. Most of time, it's around 20% to 40%.- ALWAYS must be selected 27K BUMP T/O Thrust.- MAXIMUM of 44ºC for Assumed T/O Temp- "Rolling Takeoff" is not allowed.- Flaps 15º or 25º is allowed but 15º has the best performance, especially after takeoff when you must climb immediately to the left to avoid the Sugar Loaf (1336 feet) ahead.- NO GO for tail winds above 5kt.- NO GO for RWYs 20R/02L. You must T/O and Land on RWYs 20L/02R. For T/O on WET conditions, it should be, if I can remember, 64 MT. But the real number must be within 2 MT +/-. For LANDING, you must not be above 58,2 MT for both DRY/WET and must set the AutoBrake MAX, and the temperature must not be above 40ºC. Just ask me if you have any other doubt! I'd be glad to help you. He had to agree with the rules prior to acess this forum. It's not your responsability.

Edmundo Azevedo

I don't think there was a definitive answer to this in the other threads, but does the SFP reduce V speeds? Doesn't seem to in the sim, but does it in real life? Or is it "just" increased breaking efficency, higher spoiler angles, etc. Martin Wilby

Edmundo, these are airport specific conditions for a particular company.

I don't think there was a definitive answer to this in the other threads, but does the SFP reduce V speeds? Doesn't seem to in the sim, but does it in real life? Or is it "just" increased breaking efficency, higher spoiler angles, etc. Martin Wilby
SFP does not affect V speeds, but it reduces take off and landing distance, thus allowing higher weights to be used.