Sign in to follow this  
Dashik

Not impressed with Vatsim!

Since when did anyone pay real money to fly or control on VATSIM???

Best regards,

Robin.

You do realize that when ARTCC's/FIR's host get together's where all the controllers come to one location to control, someone has to pay for the use of the physical facility? These events (such as the annual Boston Tea Party) can cost in the thousands of dollars to pull off, and that's not counting what individuals pay to travel to the venue, hotels, and more importantly, bar tabs.

So yes, people do routinely pay real money to fly or control on VATSIM, per se. Did you think the venues were "It's ok, you can use our facilities for free, since it's VATSIM".

Uggh, just realized... good troll there mate.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

This sounds to me kind of like if a homeless person complains that the people volunteering at the soup kitchen aren't service minded enough.

I tend to be glad when there are ATC out there at all, and IMO people should be appreciative when people volunteer to help the community out. We're not "entitled to" anything here. I've never met a single ATC that's done anything uncalled for and this thread is bad PR that Vatsim doesn't deserve. It's 99% of the time a great, accurate and positive simming environment.

IMHO.

I'm amazed this thread is still going!!!!!

My original point was not that afk flying was fine but that when challenged about an alleged abscence I was able to explain that it had either been a technical issue or I had been in uncontrolled airspace and nipped away.

The controller in question wielded a large bat for a small nail tbh. Anyway, I agree that 99.999999% of the time the guys on Vatsim )and IVAO) are great guys. I was just put out by the heavy response to a trivial problem.

I did laugh at an absence in 2006 the the next three all within a month or two in 2011.

So about 4 or 5 alleged absences in 6 years...........

I would endorse whole heartedly and thank the guys that provide the online ATC whatever network you choose. It makes a potentially very lonely hobby significantly more fun when it works :D

I love Vatsim!

It's as real as it can be on an pc. Thanx to all the wonderful & dedicated controllers & staff that makes Vatsim so enjoyable :Peace:

a member is not permitted to leave his or her connection unattended for a period in excess of thirty (30) minutes.

Dashik, Man, VATSIM got me several times and the just keep giving be 24 hours suspensions (sometimes 24 hours was 30 hours for real) but what I did was sent them an email because they suspended me permanently for letting my neighbour connect to VATSIM on MY computer, I emailed them and email saying some pretty things that made me laugh and probably mad them cry a little (these are fully grown men) and they still kicked my off permanently (remember, I was suspended for the sleep on the network, it was because I said a bad word in an email). So here we are 2 1/2 years later and every single day, just to tick off VATSIM a little more, I create an account. It’s called Cat and Mouse, and you got to remember, the CAT always wins (I am the cat VATSIM)

I know by scrolling through this topic, there is about 3 or 4 supervisors or admins of VATSIM that have posted so just ignore them, they are all happy with POWER, If I would recommend something to you, go to IVAO or Pilotsedge. They might not be as strong as VATSIM in North America but dang those people have ALOT more respect than some of the people on VATSIM. I could list about 30 people I would honestly say need to grow up. But personally, I have started my own network, its slowly coming along, but I won't have 30 min rule, Pilots/Controller have lives and I understand if something comes up.

Final note, I know there are Admins here from VATSIM, so say hello to everyone for me, because I will be back soon, I go my ways around your "System"

thousands of dollars to pull off

You sir are wrong, The Toronto Real Op's just happened, they paided $400 for a hotel board room and members had to pay towards the room if they were going. They had to pay for their own room and ways to get there. We are talking at about $40 a person excluding their room and they had a ton of prizes DONATED to them. so $400 is not $1000's

The whole thing seems a bit silly. Who got hurt? I signed up for Vatsim but never used it. I don't need the stress if I'm not gedtting paid for it. This is flight SIMULATION. If it aint fun anymore I aint flying anymore.

Yeah well I started my own network and this is what I get from people at VATSIM, Enjoy the following.

Do you have a moment to chat? I see that you have been recently permanently banned from VATSIM. We now offer an exciting new feature where permanently banned members from VATSIM, because they couldn't fit into an online community and/or just don't have much to offer the human race, are automatically accepted into a new organization created by more of life's rejects. It's called VATCRAP. There, you are welcome, even encouraged to take part in exciting activities like creating up to 36 duplicate accounts per day, crashing into others for no reason, swearing at others on unicom and via PM, including their network supervisors. What a great opportunity for you to excel! Look for an email from them soon containing your very own VATCRAP login and credentials. For more information, please see http://www.vatcap.org. Their website is apparently under construction at this time, though; apparently they can't even get that right either. We wish you all the best. Have fun and have a nice day!

Is this child thread seriously still open?

It has turned from childish to toddler talk.

Agreed some of the last couple of posts are very childish indeed.

Why do you guys feel the need to bad talk Vatsim when you broke rules you agreed to when joining? Sure I admit that some supervisors are a little more "power hungry" or strict. But the vast majority of vatsim people aren't.

Lee

If you are not impressed with Vatsim, why do you still want to fly there ?

Vatsim is "Vatsim" --- Either accept it for what is is, and enjoy the good parts, or try somewhere else.

Unfortunately, wherever you go, you will probably eventually come across someone that you do not agree with. That is life. Don't sweat the LITTLE things in life -- and in the Big Picture, somewhere like Vatsim SHOULD be a little thing.

If not, you are taking it far to seriously - just like some others on Vatsim seem to do.

When I first started flying on Vatsim (about the time it came into being), I thought it was GREAT.

Maybe Vatsim changed, maybe I changed. After a time, it stopped being enjoyable, and did not meet my expectations, so I stopped flying there, and went elsewhere.

It was enjoyable while it lasted, and I appreciate all the hard work those that organize Vatsim do.

There are enough DIFFERENT FS Communities out there, that you should be able to find one that is a fit for you.

If not -- try starting one of your own :) See how much work that is !!!

Yeah well I started my own network and this is what I get from people at VATSIM, Enjoy the following.

Do you have a moment to chat? I see that you have been recently permanently banned from VATSIM. We now offer an exciting new feature where permanently banned members from VATSIM, because they couldn't fit into an online community and/or just don't have much to offer the human race, are automatically accepted into a new organization created by more of life's rejects. It's called VATCRAP. There, you are welcome, even encouraged to take part in exciting activities like creating up to 36 duplicate accounts per day, crashing into others for no reason, swearing at others on unicom and via PM, including their network supervisors. What a great opportunity for you to excel! Look for an email from them soon containing your very own VATCRAP login and credentials. For more information, please see http://www.vatcap.org. Their website is apparently under construction at this time, though; apparently they can't even get that right either. We wish you all the best. Have fun and have a nice day!

ROFL!! Was that some random VATSIM member that sent you that? I know that person just blew a big brown raspberry at your network but it was a fun read nonetheless. I imagine you got a few chuckles from it too. Anyhow good luck with your endeavor =).

ROFL!! Was that some random VATSIM member that sent you that? I know that person just blew a big brown raspberry at your network but it was a fun read nonetheless. I imagine you got a few chuckles from it too. Anyhow good luck with your endeavor =).

Thanks, these people will be wishing they didn't do this type of stuff, but in 10 years, will we be in the same boat as VATSIM or IVAO, maybe so people just gotta wait and see

I laugh every time people saying something like "VATSIM is VATSIM, if you don't like it then leave". Of course everybody has the right to leave but people who voice out usually want the network or service to improve or deal with problems. 

Luckily not all of the human beings think like this otherwise we would still be using birds to help delivering messages across continents nowadays. :Shame On You: