Sign in to follow this  
morganbass

NGX, Simconnect and Aivlasofts EFB.

Hi all For those of us who have the excellent EFB from www.aivlasoft.com we have identified a problem since the release of the PMDG NGX and that is connected with PMDG's use of simconnect. Simply put it would appear that the NGX floods simcconect with so much data that EFB can't display either online traffic or even ai aircraft. It can get so bad that simconnect will simply give up the ghost and disconnect from FSX resulting in a CTD. Are PMDG investigating this Issue. I know that Aivlasoft have been in touch with your developers but it would appear that no answer has been forthcoming. Wycliffe

I have received the notice on my data provider saying that it received to many requests. But, I haven't noticed if AI is dropping off. I also haven't had any crashes.

I have experienced a loss of AI using UT2. I've not had a crash, however, losing AI is new since flying the NGX. Bob

Sounds like the culprit of why simconnect crashes while using IVAP with the only way of restoring it being to restart the FS pc...

Hi all For those of us who have the excellent EFB from www.aivlasoft.com we have identified a problem since the release of the PMDG NGX and that is connected with PMDG's use of simconnect. Simply put it would appear that the NGX floods simcconect with so much data that EFB can't display either online traffic or even ai aircraft. It can get so bad that simconnect will simply give up the ghost and disconnect from FSX resulting in a CTD. Are PMDG investigating this Issue. I know that Aivlasoft have been in touch with your developers but it would appear that no answer has been forthcoming. Wycliffe
When the PMDG 737 NGX was first released, I brought it to the developer's attention, that their plane was flooding Multiplayer & Simconnect. This unwelcome news was strongly reponded to by PMDG, so at least they answered and became aware of the issues. Hmmmph.gif The recent Hotfixes have gone some way to correct some of theses problems, and it is hoped that by SP1, they will have fully corrected these issues.dance.gif

I stopped using the EFB trial because of this, and also because I'm not paying $90 USD when I can find all the charts I need online for free.As for the moving aircraft/show aircraft online, the radar function on FSINN takes care of that.I save $90.

I stopped using the EFB trial because of this, and also because I'm not paying $90 USD when I can find all the charts I need online for free.As for the moving aircraft/show aircraft online, the radar function on FSINN takes care of that.I save $90.
EFB is a one-stop shop. I prefer the convenience.

On another note, I had to turn off the REX weather engine because of the same issue. It was the only way to stop the simconnect CTDs with the NGX in use. Just a FYI for those with REX IF they run into this type of CTD.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

To all using EFB. Do you realize that it doesn't show the real world DA/DH?Don't get me wrong its a great product and i try it. But so much for real world approach procedures.

DA/DH I hate abbreviations, these would be? Wycliffe
Decision Altitude / Decision Height
DA + Decision AltitudeDH + Decision Height They mean the same thing.
Nooooo. DA is altitude above sea level (i.e., MSL). DH is height above ground (i.e., AGL). Not the same thing, unless the airport happens to be at sea level. wink.png
To all using EFB. Do you realize that it doesn't show the real world DA/DH?Don't get me wrong its a great product and i try it. But so much for real world approach procedures.
Fixed with SP4, and I believe it only occurred with non-precision approaches. See http://www.aivlasoft...d/changelog.htm

Fixed with SP4, and I believe it only occurred with non-precision approaches. See http://www.aivlasoft...d/changelog.htm
As i understood when i read the manual, they can't use the real world DA/DH because they are building the chart by reading the ACARS, and it happens the the ACARS doesn't have the DA/DH, so they choose the make all DH 200 for CAT I, 100 for CAT II and 50 for CAT III.Has this changed?

As i understood when i read the manual, they can't use the real world DA/DH because they are building the chart by reading the ACARS, and it happens the the ACARS doesn't have the DA/DH, so they choose the make all DH 200 for CAT I, 100 for CAT II and 50 for CAT III.Has this changed?
Hmmm. Not sure. I'll have to check this out when I get home. I typically fly where the DH is 50, 100, 200, so I may not have noticed. I'll check Sucre later.