Sign in to follow this  
morganbass

NGX, Simconnect and Aivlasofts EFB.

EFB is a one-stop shop. I prefer the convenience.
I prefer approach charts that have altitude crossing restrictions published on the chart.EFB doesn't have that in a lot of their charts from my usage of the trial.

I prefer approach charts that have altitude crossing restrictions published on the chart.EFB doesn't have that in a lot of their charts from my usage of the trial.
This is true. I find myself referring to the restrictions in the FMS because of this. Not a great practice, but sometimes I just prefer a quick and dirty flight, so it gets the job done.

Clearly you have an issue, and using paper is the route for you (no pun intended) but could you refrain from hijacking my thread. Wycliffe

Clearly you have an issue, and using paper is the route for you (no pun intended) but could you refrain from hijacking my thread. Wycliffe
I talked about other things that EFB doesn't do when using it with the NGX, in a thread with EFB and NGX in it's title, and I'm hijacking your thread? I'm also not the only one having these issues, so clearly you're the one with issues.Also, if you want to sling criticism my way, at least sign your full name. Thanks.

Why would anyone want to use EFB for the NGX ?? Everything you need is in the manuals and routes to fly can be found all over the web.It has a nice interface but that's about it. If you consider this hijacking your thread...............too bad ! LOL.gifWhistle.gifLoser.gifTalk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif
Hi, See my short youtube video and see how nice it is to have EFB running with NGX..
See the planee in red in the EFB view and how it tracks the glidescope and ILS on landing. It is very good for training etc. Roar Kristensen

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I wonder, i was flying the NGX with no issues, until i added the Mytraffic scenary, now my old CTD problem is back.

Ian R Tyldesley

I talked about other things that EFB doesn't do when using it with the NGX, in a thread with EFB and NGX in it's title, and I'm hijacking your thread? I'm also not the only one having these issues, so clearly you're the one with issues.Also, if you want to sling criticism my way, at least sign your full name. Thanks.
I consider the thread being hikacked as the OP was about the problems of using NGX and EFB and the associated simconnect flooding issue. I am more than happy to furnish you with my full name. Also my post was not a criticism against you just an observation based on your comments. Wycliffe Alan Barrett JnrVATUK3 Membership ManagerNow then getting back to my OP, has anyone who has installed SP4 noticed whether their AI or multiplayer traffic is now being depiceted in EFB. Wycliffe Barrett

Interesting, these flooding not only causes problems for gamespy multiplayer but also ENB, disappearing traffic, etc. Probably these floodings causes IVAP client to crash as well?But ofc, it's Microsoft's fault, eh? ... Doh.gif

I read all of the threads about the "EFB - no traffic" issue and my conclusion is that the problem comes from the NGX using all available simconnect "connexions". There is no more room for any other add-on that also uses simconnect. This is a bit annoying in the fact that I paid alot of money for EFB and want to keep using it. Not only because I paid alot of money for it but I use it alot with any plane. I agree that the NGX does not require it to fly correctly but once you have a EFB system and get used to it, it's a hard thing to let go of. It would be VERY nice if it would display the traffic like it does with all other add-ons. I no longer use any paper charts and loving every minute of it. Is it asking too much to be able to use both add-ons?...I dont think so. I cant wait for this issue to be fixed (either by PMDG or Aivlasoft, I dont realy care who fixes it first). I posted the problem here at first and got the cold shoulder saying I was in the wrong forum, posted it on the Aivlasoft forum, did not get a cold shoulder there (these guys are great with service) but got reffered to here. Who do we turn to now???? It would seem this issue is nobody's fault and nobody will be doing anything about it. It's quite disturbing. When I bought the NGX I certainly did not expect to have to let go of my other add-ons. I'm flying without any traffic until this is resolved. I find it takes away from the realism of the whole simming experience. No offence to anyone. It's just my personal opinion.

And you are totally right, Chris.

Who do we turn to now????
Well, it seems PMDG is blaming microsoft for it. This is what I got as answer concerning the gamespy mutliplayer problem, but generally the same issue - simconnect floodings;
We have done all we can with this without compromising the functionality of the airplane - the fact of the matter is that it's always going to generate a lot of SimConnect event calls - it is Microsoft's fault that we don't have a way to filter these. They ALL get broadcast to everyone connected to the server while on a default FS Multiplayer session. There is nothing we can do about this and no further development time will be spent on this. Ryan MaziarzTechnical SupportPMDG Simulations, LLC.www.precisionmanuals.com
So try contacting microsoft with that issue maybe ;) It is highly probable that they will send you back here. Logically, if you see what/who triggers the issue...When will PMDG fix this issue finally? That's the big question. I don't wonder if the problems will increase if the SDK will be released for 3rd party software etc. I would rather prefer a 100% working a/c that I can flawlessly fly in multiplayer and use it together with my other payed software instead of an a/c with lots of bric-a-brac.

DA = Decision AltitudeDH = Decision Height They are standard abreviations in the aviation world. They mean the same thing.
OOOPS -- Deleted my duplicate reply -- missed it in an earlier post.

... has anyone who has installed SP4 noticed whether their AI or multiplayer traffic is now being depiceted in EFB...
After installing Hotfix (not SP) 4 I see all my UT2 traffic in EFB again.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Through the entire flight? I see what is there when I start EFB, but as I move away from the origin new traffic isn't displayed.

Through the entire flight? I see what is there when I start EFB, but as I move away from the origin new traffic isn't displayed.
Flew EGKK - LGTS the other day and as I was taking a look in EFB to decide on Approach and Arrival there was plenty of tfc up and down the Adriatic coast.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Not for me!

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond