Sign in to follow this  
DatGuyZA

Autoland and the tutorial.

Hey all, I have been trying to use the autoland feature on the NGX for quite some time now, I have followed all procedures in the tutorial, and the various checklists that have popped up on here, and find that getting the "LAND 3" to come up is a hit and miss affair. I followed the tutorial to the letter last night, and as the plane caught the glide slope after enabling APP, and G/S became active on the PFD, I selected CMD B on the MCP, however where Land 3 is usually displayed on the PFD, it says "Single CH" where the tutorial states it should be "F/D" until 1500ft AGL, this did not happen. I frantically pressed the APP button and all of a suden "LAND 3" activated and the plane performed a beautiful autoland. So can anyone suggest to me what my faults might have been in the procedure? something I might have overlooked? etc Thanks in advanceRob

Regards

Rob Kirk

I followed the tutorial to the letter last night, and as the plane caught the glide slope after enabling APP, and G/S became active on the PFD, I selected CMD B on the MCP, however where Land 3 is usually displayed on the PFD, it says "Single CH" where the tutorial states it should be "F/D" until 1500ft AGL, this did not happen. I frantically pressed the APP button and all of a suden "LAND 3" activated and the plane performed a beautiful autoland.
the 'F/D' was incorrect and it should be 'Single CH' like it is in the real world ... this was fixed I think in hotfix#3, but the tutorial wasn't updated to reflect this ... looks like it works as it should

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

So my frantic pressing of the APP button would not help and I should really have slightly more patience and wait for Land 3 to activate? Whistle.gif

Regards

Rob Kirk

after the VOR/LOC is captured and the G/S diamond is moving down press the APP button once and it will arm the G/S in the PFD with G/S in white letters ... this should do it

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

the 'F/D' was incorrect and it should be 'Single CH' like it is in the real world ... this was fixed I think in hotfix#3, but the tutorial wasn't updated to reflect this ... looks like it works as it should
That is correct ! It does not matter if it is fail passive or fail operational, it wil always announce Single Channel above 1500 feet.It will change to LAND 3 for fail operational and CMD for fail passive below 1500 ft. For a single autopilot approach it stays at Single Channel for the whole approach. Fred.

Thanks alot peeps, I didn't get a chance to try it out last night, but will definitely try it out this weekend and let you know my findings!RegardsRobert

Regards

Rob Kirk